Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Moto g6 wifi calling

Contributor

Moto g6 wifi calling

I have an unlocked/unbranded moto G6, is ther anyway to provision (turn on) the wifi calling?

I can see that the VoLTE is provisioned (on), but the toggle to turn on provision wifi calling is grayed out.

Screenshot_20190222-160932.jpg

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎02-26-2019 12:29 PM

Re: Moto g6 wifi calling

Nope.  AT&T has only let one non branded phone in, pixel 3.  At least so far.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I would think AT&T and all other wireless providers would want more of their customers to utilize WiFi calling.

1. would cause less wireless congestion

2. better coverage in areas not adequately covered by cell towers

3. 911 would always be available

4. Cheaper for providers?

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@raphster wrote:

I would think AT&T and all other wireless providers would want more of their customers to utilize WiFi calling.

1. would cause less wireless congestion

2. better coverage in areas not adequately covered by cell towers

3. 911 would always be available

4. Cheaper for providers?

You would think BUT they also want to sell phones.  And even the ATT branded MOTO z2 did not get wifi calling.  If Moto wanted wifi calling they could have paid to have ATT certify the device

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support