For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Werndog08's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 4:31 PM

Moto X Moto assist keeps coming on

Ever since the latest lollipop update, my moto assist keeps coming on asking me to what I want to say.  It does this when I am listening to songs or if I am in a meeting and its in my pocket.  My catch phrase quality was good and if I don't say it right it will not activate, but it will come on two or three times on my way home from work.  Did not do this before lollipop update to 5.0.2.  Any help?  Moto X 2nd gen.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Werndog08

I’m sorry to hear that your Moto Assist feature has been triggering when not needed. I would recommend heading to the Application Manager on your device by tapping Settings > Apps and swipe across to All. You’ll want to find the “Assist” app and choose the Uninstall Updates option.

It seems this was also an issue with a prior Android update where an update to the Assist app was required, released by Motorola. By uninstalling the app updates, we can try the first version which was installed.

Should this not work out, I would recommend resetting Motorola Assist to begin from scratch. To do this, we’ll need to go back to the Application Manager and clear the data and cache from the following apps:

• Motorola Assist
  • Motorola Assist Engine
  • Motorola Assist Framework
  • Motorola Assist Talk To Me

Please let us know if this works for you!

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

First step didn't stop it but after clearing everything it seems to have stopped. Thanks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.