For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
slagman5's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 21st, 2014 10:08 PM

Isis Mobile Wallet BB10 support?

Hello, I was hoping for some info on this. I know BB10 isn't  what the "cool kids" have but we've had NFC on our phones since the Bold 9900 came out in 2011, and now with the new BB10 devices, we have the NFC there, just waiting for the support of mobile payments. So I was wondering if or when we will get support for Isis Mobile Wallet?? Does anyone have any info? Hopefully someone from AT&T can chime in? Thanks. 🙂

Edit: Also, it kind of sucks that phones without NFC are getting supported before BB10...

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @slagman5 

ISIS has not been certified yet on any of the BB10 devices. Upon checking other carriers (Verizon and T-Mobile who are in partnership for ISIS) none of their BB10 devices are certified to run ISIS as well. The app was built for iOS and Android so I don't have any ideas of if or when ISIS will be released for BB10. 

Keep checking back as they are always adding support for new devices all the time 🙂

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Well, it pretty obvious it's a conscious decision by AT&T and the other carriers. It's the only way to explain how iPhones, a device that doesn't even have NFC, will get certified before a platform that has had NFC for over a year on this new OS and 2-3 years in their legacy OS's... I know BB10 users are a minority, and we're not "cool" enough to have what's in fashion now, but I think it's pretty screwed up to just ignore us like that. I've been a loyal customer with AT&T for many many years, probably close to 10 years already. I don't think just because I do not want to ditch the convenience and utility of a physical keyboard just to jump on the Samsung (let's face it, it's not even Android, it's Samsung that's dominating...), and Apple bandwagon that I shouldn't have access to the same things they are...

If AT&T will try to claim that's not the reason, then please point out what the reason could be? It's not hardware, BB10 phones have NFC antenna's and the hardware specs required to use the app and the feature. And we know it's definitely not security if Apple and Android could use it...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.