I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

Contributor

I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

Hello!

This morning I was thinking about setting up Visual Voicemail. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and cellular data is disabled. I did that to save on expensive charges and I am connected to my WiFi network.

Then when I opened the Phone app and panned over to Voicemail, at the top it said: Can't connect to visual voicemail. I then tried to go to Internet Explorer and I could view Bing. Can't you make it so you can browse Visual Voicemail in WiFi?

So then I enabled Cellular Data on my phone and I could view Visual Voicemail. I then turned it off and it can't. Is there a way that I can use my data plan only for Visual Voicemail and nothing else?

For your information:

Data plan: DataPlus 300MB

Talk plan: FamilyTalk Nation 550 w/ Rollover

Operating System: Windows Phone 8

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Thank you!

PS: I am sorry if I posted in the wrong category!

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

if you have cell data turned on and your connected to wi-fi it will use wi-fi for whatever it can and will use cell data for what it needs to use it for such as multimedia messages and visual voicemail. this is how i have my phone setup and i dont use cell data unless its for something it has to be used for.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

Visual Voicemail can only be delivered over the 4g connection. It cannot be downloaded over WiFi. You should know however that AT&T does NOT charge you any data charges for visual voicemail data when you are on the AT&T network.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support