Get the myAT&T app
etnguyen03's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 10th, 2013 1:00 AM

I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

Hello!

This morning I was thinking about setting up Visual Voicemail. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and cellular data is disabled. I did that to save on expensive charges and I am connected to my WiFi network.

Then when I opened the Phone app and panned over to Voicemail, at the top it said: Can't connect to visual voicemail. I then tried to go to Internet Explorer and I could view Bing. Can't you make it so you can browse Visual Voicemail in WiFi?

So then I enabled Cellular Data on my phone and I could view Visual Voicemail. I then turned it off and it can't. Is there a way that I can use my data plan only for Visual Voicemail and nothing else?

For your information:

Data plan: DataPlus 300MB

Talk plan: FamilyTalk Nation 550 w/ Rollover

Operating System: Windows Phone 8

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Thank you!

PS: I am sorry if I posted in the wrong category!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

if you have cell data turned on and your connected to wi-fi it will use wi-fi for whatever it can and will use cell data for what it needs to use it for such as multimedia messages and visual voicemail. this is how i have my phone setup and i dont use cell data unless its for something it has to be used for.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Visual Voicemail can only be delivered over the 4g connection. It cannot be downloaded over WiFi. You should know however that AT&T does NOT charge you any data charges for visual voicemail data when you are on the AT&T network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.