Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 9, 2013
6:00:21 PM
View profile
I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!
Edited by etnguyen03 on Jun 9, 2013 at 6:02:41 PM

Hello!

This morning I was thinking about setting up Visual Voicemail. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and cellular data is disabled. I did that to save on expensive charges and I am connected to my WiFi network.

Then when I opened the Phone app and panned over to Voicemail, at the top it said: Can't connect to visual voicemail. I then tried to go to Internet Explorer and I could view Bing. Can't you make it so you can browse Visual Voicemail in WiFi?

So then I enabled Cellular Data on my phone and I could view Visual Voicemail. I then turned it off and it can't. Is there a way that I can use my data plan only for Visual Voicemail and nothing else?

For your information:

Data plan: DataPlus 300MB

Talk plan: FamilyTalk Nation 550 w/ Rollover

Operating System: Windows Phone 8

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Thank you!

PS: I am sorry if I posted in the wrong category!

Hello!

This morning I was thinking about setting up Visual Voicemail. I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and cellular data is disabled. I did that to save on expensive charges and I am connected to my WiFi network.

Then when I opened the Phone app and panned over to Voicemail, at the top it said: Can't connect to visual voicemail. I then tried to go to Internet Explorer and I could view Bing. Can't you make it so you can browse Visual Voicemail in WiFi?

So then I enabled Cellular Data on my phone and I could view Visual Voicemail. I then turned it off and it can't. Is there a way that I can use my data plan only for Visual Voicemail and nothing else?

For your information:

Data plan: DataPlus 300MB

Talk plan: FamilyTalk Nation 550 w/ Rollover

Operating System: Windows Phone 8

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Thank you!

PS: I am sorry if I posted in the wrong category!

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 29, 2013 10:31:05 PM
(1)
Mentor

if you have cell data turned on and your connected to wi-fi it will use wi-fi for whatever it can and will use cell data for what it needs to use it for such as multimedia messages and visual voicemail. this is how i have my phone setup and i dont use cell data unless its for something it has to be used for.

Accepted Solution

I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 29, 2013 10:31:05 PM
(1)
Mentor

if you have cell data turned on and your connected to wi-fi it will use wi-fi for whatever it can and will use cell data for what it needs to use it for such as multimedia messages and visual voicemail. this is how i have my phone setup and i dont use cell data unless its for something it has to be used for.

Re: I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

2 of 3 (3,025 Views)
Solution
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2014 7:31:56 PM
(1)
Tutor

Visual Voicemail can only be delivered over the 4g connection. It cannot be downloaded over WiFi. You should know however that AT&T does NOT charge you any data charges for visual voicemail data when you are on the AT&T network.

Visual Voicemail can only be delivered over the 4g connection. It cannot be downloaded over WiFi. You should know however that AT&T does NOT charge you any data charges for visual voicemail data when you are on the AT&T network.

Re: I can't view Visual Voicemail on WiFi!

3 of 3 (1,419 Views)