Tlmagub's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 5:08 PM

I can't turn off visual voicemail

I can't figure out how to change my visual voicemail to regular voicemail
Please email me at ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I couldn't agree more! I spend way too much time getting it to work WHEN it
decides to show up. But that's not often, mostly I get messages days later
that someone left a message. Worthless and irritating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My issue with vvm is that I do not use data, and use wifi instead. My voicemail notifications do not show up unless I turn on my data briefly. This means I have missed important messages! It seems to me I should still be able to receive notifications regardless of whether I'm on data or not, as voicemail should be through at&t and should truly be free. Data costs..  Just saying. So how can I take it off my iPhone 7

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Teamryan wrote:

My issue with vvm is that I do not use data, and use wifi instead. My voicemail notifications do not show up unless I turn on my data briefly. This means I have missed important messages! It seems to me I should still be able to receive notifications regardless of whether I'm on data or not, as voicemail should be through at&t and should truly be free. Data costs..  Just saying. So how can I take it off my iPhone 7

It seems to me that Apple built a smartphone that needs to be connected to the internet, it's not anywhere near as smart if you don't. But that is a choice that you make. You're not utilizing the VVM or the Apple iMessage protocol, traffic, weather, maps or many of the other things that make it "smart".

But you want to turn it off AND get alerts? I don't think you can do that. Aren't you getting missed call messages?

Wouldn't just dialing your voicemail and checking make more sense than turning on the data??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It is a lie that visual voice mail is included in service for me. We never wanted it to begin with but didn’t care because it was “included.” We have been charged 10.00 a month separately for years.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It is a lie that visual voice mail is included in basic price.we never wanted it but didn’t care if it was some stupid included thing. We have been charged separately at 10.00 a month for 3 lines for years. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Sundsn580 wrote:

It is a lie that visual voice mail is included in service for me. We never wanted it to begin with but didn’t care because it was “included.” We have been charged 10.00 a month separately for years.

If that's an old Minute / Family Nation plan, that's $10 a LINE (again VVM is free). 

If it's not, please post a copy of your bill (black out private details) and show us the $10 per line charge and the $10 VVM charge.

Even if it's some other plan, please post...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Actually it’s 15.00 a month.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Sundsn580 wrote:
Actually it’s 15.00 a month.

Okay. I said $15 because that's what you said.

Regardless, that should just be a line charge and not a separate VVM charge.

Please post a copy of your bill (black out your private details) and show us the line charge and the  VVM charge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Here we go again.  See my picture from the bill.    

My net line access is $15 for each phone number.  VVM is included free.  

Waaaaay back years ago there was a nominal charge of $2 or $3 per line to add visual voicemail if you wanted it.  But you would  have to be on a very old plan.  

4F6358E3-5173-4B34-B3E1-DE5206AE9229.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Won't let me use regular voicemail when I press and hold 1 it verbally asks for passcode. I don't know the Passcode and there's no option to get rid of it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.