Get the myAT&T app
J.haggi96's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 6th, 2018 4:31 PM

How to disable at&t numbersync on tablet

I have an ZTE AT&T tablet Model k88 and i would like to disable at&t numbersync cause i'm not an at&t user and i dont have at&t id so this feature prevent me from making call and sendind messages on my tablet.

Thanks for any help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@J.haggi96

It isnt preventing you from using to make calls, it just cannot enable calling unless you have it set up on ATT with a compatible phone.  The only way any tablet makes calls is with a 3rd party app.  Like Skype, Viber, Google voice, or number sync.  Number sync is specifically for ATT customers and won’t work on another carrier. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

You can't make calls from the tablet without numbersync..  also it can't be removed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Ok thanks for the help

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have Google Voice installed on my AT&T unlocked tablet but I am unable to make or receive calls, only text messages. It recognized my non-AT&T sim card but I could not receive or make calls either, although data was working. Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@MsMarvy wrote:

I have Google Voice installed on my AT&T unlocked tablet but I am unable to make or receive calls, only text messages. It recognized my non-AT&T sim card but I could not receive or make calls either, although data was working. Any suggestions?

and you wont unless you sign up for the google voice wifi calling beta.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, I will look into that. So a tablet can't make phone calls even with a sim card?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@MsMarvy wrote:

Thank you, I will look into that. So a tablet can't make phone calls even with a sim card?

No as the number assigned to the tablet on almost all carriers is data only

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the latest tablet and drive for UBER. When I tried to hit contact (phone icon) in the UBER app, it defaulted to the idiotic NUMBER SYNC. (I give credit to my ATT manager for figuring this out and fixing it. I won't tell you which store for fear of reprisal against him)

SOLUTION: 

Download GOOGLE VOICE for your TAB or Phone. Set up a account using ANY number that is provided on the screen. When you launch the G-Voice application select ALLOW for every option in order to set it as a DEFAULT. 

RESULT: Now when you click the phone icon , the voice app will popup, show your google icon for your account, tap the account icon and you will now see the actual number to dial. Go to your cell phone and dial the number on the screen. 

MONTHS of this crap and someone actually solved the problem.. Thanks MIKE!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Another solution would be to disable the at&t numbersync in the application manager, if you don't see it try showing the system apps and then disable it. You'd need to replace the dial pad with an app and it should work. Good luck 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Could you please tell me how this is done I'm having the same issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.