Get the myAT&T app
hotpocketdiva's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 5:57 AM

Closed

How to completely block a number?

I am being constantly harassed by one number and I need a way to completely block that number so that I cannot receive calls, texts (even in a spam folder), or voicemails from it. How can I do this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Check this support link

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB102428&cv=820

You may be able to block the number with your smartphone by creating a contact with that number and then block that number.  Otherwise, the link above can show you how to do it through AT&T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately this still does not completely block texts. They go into a spam folder, but can still be seen. Any thoughts?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @hotpocketdiva

If device blocking methods are proving not sufficient, AT&T Smart Limits may be for you. With Smart Limits, you can block numbers on a service level, along with other useful features such as purchase limits, managing data and whitelisted callers. You can try Smart Limits for free for 30 days. After the free trial, the service is billed at $4.99 per month for one line.

To add Smart Limits:

1. Select myAT&T at the top of the page. If prompted, log in. Don't have a myAT&T login? Register today!
  2. Hover over Wireless at the top of the page, and then select View my Plans and Features.
  3. Your current wireless plan, devices, and additional features will be displayed. To manage your additional features, select the Manage link for the device you want to manage. Current features for the selected device will be listed under Manage My Current Features.
  4. To add Smart Limits, under the Get More Features section, select Parental Controls to view options and more details. Then, select the Smart Limits feature you'd like to add.
  5. Click the Select & Review button, and then review your changes. To change the effective date for your feature change, select the Edit Then, select a date from the available options, and then click the Select button.
  6. Read the Terms & Conditions, and to accept, select Submit.
  7. Once Smart Limits is added to your account, you'll receive a confirmation page. Select Proceed to Configure Account to begin configuring Smart Limits and adding lines to manage.
  8. After you've configured Smart Limits, get the Smart Limits app:
    • From an iPhone, download and install the AT&T Smart Limits app from the App Store.
    • From an Android device, download and install the AT&T Smart Limits app from the Google Play store.
  9. Open the Smart Limits app and log in using your AT&T User ID that you use to manage your AT&T wireless account online.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

no one wants to pay $6 monthly to block 1 or 2 numbers. Parents should be able to control that remotely. Even Sprint stopped blocking numbers over the phone but made it a SELF SERVICE option FOR FREE online. AT&T needs to stop being so money hungry. $5.99 monthly to block a few numbers is ridiculous. If I knew that were the case I would've never changed my service.

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I agree they are greedy I cant wait for my phones to be paid off Goodbye AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 months ago

8 year old thread.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.