Get the myAT&T app
kallikat11's profile

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 12:09 PM

Hotspot

can anyone explain what's going on with "hotspots". I can't increase my plan without loosing my hotspot.  Can't increase my hotspot usage?  What's going on.  I live a very off-grid, off normal wi-fi availability. Am I the only one that doesn't have good access to good wi-fi. I use HughesNet which doesn't work half the time and when we are in the RV that certainly doesn't help, but the hotspot is great.  We just keep overusing. ,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

You can increase your plan to any size plan EXCEPT the unlimited, you just can't use the hotspot with unlimited data.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You cannot add data and stay on your old plan. However, you were told wrong. All of the Mobile Share Advantage plans include hotspot. You can switch to any one of them and you will still have hotspot. The only plan that does not include hotspot is the unlimited data plan. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kallikat11 wrote:
I tried increasing and was told that I would loose my grandfathered plan, that ALL the newer plans eliminated the hotspot. How can I add mg and still remain in the same plan?

That's incorrect.  All newer plans but unlimited support hotspot.

If you're on an OLD granfathered (non-Mobile Share) plan, 5GB was the highest you could go with hotspot.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I was told that I was limited to a 5 gigabyte plan if I wanted to keep my hotspot.  If I added, I wouldn't be grandfathered with a hotspot. An I wrong about this?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@kallikat11 That is not true. You can change to any size Mobile Share plan and you will still have hotspot. You only lose hotspot if you switch to the unlimited data plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Just be advised, the 5 GB plan you currently have is grandfathered. If you switch to any other plan, you won't be able to get the 5 GB plan back.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I tried increasing and was told that I would loose my grandfathered plan, that ALL the newer plans eliminated the hotspot. How can I add mg and still remain in the same plan?

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. I'll try and see what happens.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Thnx

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kallikat11 wrote:
Thank you. I'll try and see what happens.

Please come back and let us know how it turns out so I know whether to suggest this again to somebody...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.