Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Does AT&T support WiFi calls for Pixel 3

Highlighted
Contributor

Does AT&T support WiFi calls for Pixel 3

I’m switching from an iPhone to an unlocked Pixel 3. I have no reception at my house, and just assumed (maybe naively) that WiFi calling was a giving with phones now.

So, does AT&T support WiFi calling on the Pixel 3?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎08-15-2019 7:07 AM

Re: Does AT&T support WiFi calls for Pixel 3

Yes they do but you need to give att the new IMEI of the phone.  The pixel 3 series is the only non branded phone to get it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you! I was looking for a while and couldn’t get a straight answer. Most comments I’ve come across indicated people being unsure or that AT&A blocked this feature. Was this a recent change? Not having Wifi calling is a deal breaker for me bc of my nonexistent cell service at my house. 

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎08-15-2019 7:07 AM

@CochleaDoc wrote:

Thank you! I was looking for a while and couldn’t get a straight answer.   Not surprised.  Users know stuff employees have no experience with.  

Most comments I’ve come across indicated people being unsure or that AT&A blocked this feature.  On other non carrier branded android it’s not available.  The pixel 3/3 xl is singular.  

Was this a recent change?  No.  The pixel 3/3 xl was enabled for WiFi calling within a few days of its release.  

Not having Wifi calling is a deal breaker for me bc of my nonexistent cell service at my house.   We own 2, 3 xl (my son and I).  Both worked without calling At&t or getting my IMEi added.  I just swapped my sim and set it up.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support