For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
brianmax's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 9:11 PM

Does AT&T limit the number of Ethernet connections?

I have an ATT Wireless Router with four Ethernet ports. Ethernet Port 1 is run to a Netgear router with wireless. Ethernet Port 2 is run to a TV. Ethernet Port 3 is run to the Uverse Receiver. Ethernet Port 4 is run  to TV2's Uverse Receiver. 

Obviously this leaves TV2 without an Ethernet connection. So I tried putting a 4 port switch on Ethernet Port 4 and running from that switch to the TV2 Uverse Receiver and then another to the TV2 itself.

When I do that my Negear Wireless Router quits working.

What I suspect is that AT&T is limiting the number of ethernet ports (counting the combination of the ATT Router ports + the Netgear Router ports). 

Can anyone verify if this is true or not???

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

I don't think there is a limit but don't know for sure. I suspect there is another reason your netgear router quits working. You would have better luck posting this in the uverse forum, I'm sure someone there will know the answer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Update: I disconnected Ethernet Port 2 and 3 which ran to TV1 and Uverse box. Netgear came up just fine. Then my wife plugged them back in...lost Netgear wireless capabilities instantly.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.