Get the myAT&T app
Angelc1322's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 12:47 PM

Disable remote support

I keep force stopping app and it keeps restarting, is there a way to disable or uninstall the pesky app?

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

Looks like your guys ( so called "at&t ACE expert") are scared to lie
around, keep deleting my replies.

the point was you were lying claimed "its a system app and cant be disabled
or removed. ".

the fact is that It is not a system app and it can be easily removed for
good reason....

this "remote support" app is very harmful to phone, it is staying and
running in the background all the time to drain your battery and sending
your info to at&t...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cgigate wrote:

or removed. ".

good reason....

your info to at&t...

@cgigate

Actually none of your posts were deleted(it was edited by phil who is a forum mod).  Because we cant delete them...  As for me saying its a system app it is a system app and cant be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT modifying the phone...  Can it be removed SURE if you know the proper dev commands to do it...  But the common user is not going to be able to do it since they don't have a clue what a ADB command is...  This is a carrier site you can't post things that COULD harm a users device if they do something wrong.  As for remote support draining the battery show me a usage report that says it used a ton of battery...  I bet you cant....  Look at how many apps run in the background on Android all the time.  

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76wrote:

@cgigatewrote:

or removed. ".

good reason....

your info to at&t...

@cgigate

Actually none of your posts were deleted(it was edited by phil who is a forum mod).  Because we cant delete them...  As for me saying its a system app it is a system app and cant be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT modifying the phone...  Can it be removed SURE if you know the proper dev commands to do it...  But the common user is not going to be able to do it since they don't have a clue what a ADB command is...  This is a carrier site you can't post things that COULD harm a users device if they do something wrong.  As for remote support draining the battery show me a usage report that says it used a ton of battery...  I bet you cant....  Look at how many apps run in the background on Android all the time.  

the original purpose why I got here.
it was one of my collegue's phone kept popping up app crash message every few seconds and asking my help...
I found the crash app was the at&t bloatware "remote support".
the app does not have "disable" option to disbale it to make the phone
workable again. it kept restart itself after "force stop".
I had to issue "PM uninstall" command to permently remove it from the phone to make the phone working again,

After that , I did search to see if other people experiences the same problem.., so i got here.
when I read the "att ACE expert" claimed "it is a system app and cannot disable“ that made me laugh ....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cgigate wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76wrote:

@cgigatewrote:

or removed. ".

good reason....

your info to at&t...

@cgigate

the original purpose why I got here.
it was one of my college's phone kept popping up app crash message every few seconds and asking my help...
I found the crash app was the at&t bloatware "remote support".
the app does not have "disable" option to stop it to make the phone
workable again.
I had to issue "PM uninstall" command to remove it from the phone, after that I 
did search to see if other people experences the same problem.., so i got here.
when I read the "ACE expert" claimed "it is a system app and cannot
disable“ that made me laugh ....

Yes but you HAD to have knowledge of the Android Op system and the fact you had to issue the PM uninstall and a COMMON user would not know how to do that... 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

This is from a common Android user,

I arrived in this thread because my phone keeps poping up to me about the broken AT&T remote support bloatware being stopped.

I don't know anything about how to uninstall it or even if I can or cannot uninstall it when I arrive here.

So I arrived at this thread, reading you stating that it cannot be uninstalled.

Then @cgigate stating that he removed it. I googled the ADB tool, and the PM command. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to remove it. Then I am happy about it because my phone never gets overheated again by repeatedly trying to restart a broken app.

I went ahead and removed everything provided by AT&T and get even happier with my phone.

Just let you know. You really need to modify your claim that "It is a system app and can't be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT modifying the phone" to "It can't be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT googling the adb and pm uninstall keyword + 30 minutes for a common android user".

Thank you. Your discussion is very helpful and points me to the right direction.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

@AspireInspirewrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

I arrived in this thread because my phone keeps poping up to me about the broken AT&T remote support bloatware being stopped.

I don't know anything about how to uninstall it or even if I can or cannot uninstall it when I arrive here.

Then @cgigate stating that he removed it. I googled the ADB tool, and the PM command. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to remove it. Then I am happy about it because my phone never gets overheated again by repeatedly trying to restart a broken app.

I went ahead and removed everything provided by AT&T and get even happier with my phone.

Just let you know. You really need to modify your claim that "It is a system app and can't be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT modifying the phone" to "It can't be uninstalled or disabled WITHOUT googling the adb and pm uninstall keyword + 30 minutes for a common android user".

Thank you. Your discussion is very helpful and points me to the right direction.

Glad to hear this helped you.
at&t reps here is always spreading false information claimed it is a "system app and cant be disabled or removed".
This bloat-ware is one the worst nightmare...always drains the battery
running in the background , and crashes the phone....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@AspireInspire wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

@AspireInspire

But you did modify the phone...  You removed system files...  So when the phone goes to update it will fail...  Its everyones choice how they want to do it...  But as far as these boards are concerned its modifying the op system...  It will also kill warranty if the device has any left.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76wrote:

But you did modify the phone...  You removed system files...  So when the phone goes to update it will fail...  Its everyones choice how they want to do it...  But as far as these boards are concerned its modifying the op system...  It will also kill warranty if the device has any left.

Stop faking,
This is NOT a "system files".. update still going when update is available...
This is an att fraudware/spy-ware to damage customer to make customer loss

• 

1 Message

i just switched my Samsung s9, that purchased from Verizon, to AT&T yesterday.  the Remote Support app, a long with a bunch of other apps suddenly appeared on my phone as soon as the AT&T sim was installed.  i would like the app removed regardless of whether or not it actually collects data, but simply for my peace of mind because i am one of those tinfoil hat wearing freaks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

Your phone did what it was suppose to do and AUTOSWITCH.  The carrier bloat from verizon was replaced with ATT's

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cgigate wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76wrote:

Stop faking,
This is NOT a "system files".. update still going when update is available...
This is an att fraudware/spy-ware to damage customer to make customer loss

@cgigate

You sir have not looked into a rom that is sent for update then....  All the apps have to be present on the device for it to update with a carrier update...  That is why people say remove the disable scripts that we run to hide the bloatware.... A carrier update to a new OS like Oreo does include all that bloatware by the way....

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Samsung and ATT would be wise to just allow this app to be disabled in the next package. 

They should inform all customers what this app can be exploited to control the phone.  It is a backdoor placed there for support but risks are there for the user.  The intentions were good but we don't want it on our devices.  I talked to ATT and then he transferred me to an extremely rude Samsung technician who read a script for a minute solid and barely responded when I finally got breathing room to talk. They will not assist and obviously cannot assist.   We demand this be allowed to be disabled.  If ATT Needs remote access to a phone they can simply walk the user through enabling it again. Very simple.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.