Get the myAT&T app
Angelc1322's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 12:47 PM

Disable remote support

I keep force stopping app and it keeps restarting, is there a way to disable or uninstall the pesky app?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Angelc1322

no its a system app and cant be disabled or removed.  It uses no data or space on the phone.  I would love to remove it also but since its on the system partition of the phone your not going to get the space back anyhow.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The thing that troubles me is that it restarts itself after I force stop it and at times I see movement on my screen as if someone is operating it remotely.

##- please type your reply above this line -##

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Att logs all input into that system.  Force closing a app does not mean it won't reatart.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

If AT&T is not controlling my phone remotely, then the app has been hacked. This app needs to be modified to at least be disabled so that we can enable only when it is needed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had the same issue today.  Not to mention it has been the longest 2 months of my life.  I woke up to a text and email notification that someone was trying to login into my gmail account.  So I hopped up fast because I had been aware of something fishy going on for the pass 2 weeks. My phone was over heating and acting out of the usual, random apps and files had been placed in my files - under cloudstorage and android.  As soon as I opened up my phone it said that app had stopped, SO i went into my apps and clicked the system apps scrolled down to the at&t support app and noticed that a ton of other apps had been installed on my device.  So I turned the wifi and mobile data off, turned airplane mode on but while I was in the process of all that I got at least 3 private phone calls, so I lost all of my photos and a lot of important stuff that was not backed-up.  They do need to update that app so hackers don't have that easy of access to it.  I usually try to be smart about things when it comes to cellular devices because they are way to prone to hackers. I was so confused when it happened and looked into it, not to mention I was beyond tired from loss of sleep going through a break-up.  So please, resolve this issue so no one else has to deal with this.  I was however lucky enough to get some details about this situation.  So hopefully that will help me later.  Just fix the app please. Enable a Disable feature so no one else has to deal with this.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

it is very easy to remove the "remote support" in debug mode..

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Yeah..  how many people know how to get into the dev options of Android...  Not most regular customers.   That's why its not told how to do that on here..  there are some things in there that can really make a phone run bad if changed.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

@It_1990wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

and once they make those changes/mods--then they complain about their phones/software not working right. 🙂

Remove this att spyware to make your phone work  much better without letting att stealing your information and data traffic

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cgigate wrote:

@It_1990wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

and once they make those changes/mods--then they complain about their phones/software not working right. 🙂

Remove this att spyware to make your phone work  much better without letting att stealing your information and data traffic

@cgigate

blah blah blah...  Put your tinfoil hat on also...  Att cant steal anything with that app sorry....  You have to give permission for the tech to get into the phone...  I remove it as bloatware myself but its not harmful...  As for data traffic att can tell whats going thru the network just like any other ISP can unless you use a VPN....  Why are you even buying carrier branded phones if you dont like the bloatware.... sheesh...

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

@cgigate

blah blah blah...  Put your tinfoil hat on also...  Att cant steal anything with that app sorry....  You have to give permission for the tech to get into the phone...  I remove it as bloatware myself but its not harmful...  As for data traffic att can tell whats going thru the network just like any other ISP can unless you use a VPN....  Why are you even buying carrier branded phones if you dont like the bloatware.... sheesh...

I remove all carriers's bloatware or spy-ware out of my phone...

the point was you were lying claimed "its a system app and cant be disabled or removed. ".

the fact is that It is not a system app and it can be easily removed for very good reason....

this "remote support" app is very harmful to phone, it is staying and running in the background all the time to drain your battery and sending your info to at&t...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.