Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 10, 2008
2:09:48 AM
View profile
Deleted Xpressmail Icon and software - where to reload
XpressMail and the download icon were deleted from my Cingular 8525. Does anyone know how to locate and download the personal version of XpressMail?
Thanks
XpressMail and the download icon were deleted from my Cingular 8525. Does anyone know how to locate and download the personal version of XpressMail?
Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 12, 2008 5:15:12 PM
(0)
Tutor
Charles Junior,

Thanks!  My first call to AT&T Support wasn't successful although several people tried for 90 minutes to identify a solution. The best they could do was to suggest moving to the corporate version on Xpressmail, but I didn't want to leave my laptop powered up 24/7 for the coporate version to function properly.  The second call was shorter but still unsuccessful. Everyone was polite and really tried to help.

The third call provided a tech support person, Nicole Kirkhoff (sp?), who knew how to help and offered two solutions. She was great and had my email back up within 10 minutes and that was with Nicole staying online to confirm sending and receiving both worked properly.

One solution was to use Xpressmail, but she also offered to walk me through the set up on the phone to set up a pop mail account directly to my ISP through the AT&T servers. 

incoming mail uses pop.comnetcom.com or pop.earthlink.net
outgoing mail uses cwmx.com

Then a few simple menus for option selections and the email was back online.

Thanks,
MikeyM
Accepted Solution

Deleted Xpressmail Icon and software - where to reload

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2008 3:01:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi MikeyM!

My experience with “Xpress Mail” issues was “to contact tech support”. You may need to delete the “Xpress Mail” application program from your device while talking to “A.T.&T. Customer Care”1-800-331-0500 from a land line, not the device. “A.T.&T. Customer Care” would then send you “Xpress Mail” again back to your device. Once that is accomplished you would reconfigure an e-mail account to “Xpress Mail”. Good Luck! Charles Junior.

Hi MikeyM!

My experience with “Xpress Mail” issues was “to contact tech support”. You may need to delete the “Xpress Mail” application program from your device while talking to “A.T.&T. Customer Care”1-800-331-0500 from a land line, not the device. “A.T.&T. Customer Care” would then send you “Xpress Mail” again back to your device. Once that is accomplished you would reconfigure an e-mail account to “Xpress Mail”. Good Luck! Charles Junior.

Re: Deleted Xpressmail Icon and software - where to reload

2 of 4 (2,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 12, 2008 5:15:12 PM
(0)
Tutor
Charles Junior,

Thanks!  My first call to AT&T Support wasn't successful although several people tried for 90 minutes to identify a solution. The best they could do was to suggest moving to the corporate version on Xpressmail, but I didn't want to leave my laptop powered up 24/7 for the coporate version to function properly.  The second call was shorter but still unsuccessful. Everyone was polite and really tried to help.

The third call provided a tech support person, Nicole Kirkhoff (sp?), who knew how to help and offered two solutions. She was great and had my email back up within 10 minutes and that was with Nicole staying online to confirm sending and receiving both worked properly.

One solution was to use Xpressmail, but she also offered to walk me through the set up on the phone to set up a pop mail account directly to my ISP through the AT&T servers. 

Thanks,
MikeyM
Charles Junior,

Thanks,
MikeyM

3 of 4 (2,891 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2008 8:18:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi MikeyM!

Absolutely! And Welcome to “A.T.&T. Wireless Forums” Charles Junior.

Hi MikeyM!

Absolutely! And Welcome to “A.T.&T. Wireless Forums” Charles Junior.

4 of 4 (2,826 Views)