For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
makemfast's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 11:05 AM

Cortana: Not Available in your Region

Hello, I have the international 1520 on ATT, I just got the Windows 8.1 update last night pushed to my phone, however when I go to activate Cortana it tells me she is not available in my region. I am in the US and have it set to Eastern time and English, does anyone know how to  fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a Nokia 520 that has the same problem. Also north eastern USA.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I had the same problem with my 925.    But as other blogs have stated, you are set up correctly with region to US and language to English US.  I originally set up my phone in English (UK) by accident and also in US, but had the UK as the default, thus no Cortana install.  In settings, go to language.  If you have more than one language make sure US is at top.  If you hold your finger on the language preference you will see options, hit "move up" to get default on top.  It should say phone language enabled, rather than available.   It may then prompt you to re-start, in which case Cortana will show up as an icon in your apps column.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same problem. I have Nokia Lumia 520 and no Cortana. It says not in my region, Cortana used to be on here. Now I can't find her.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.