For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
PhoneTex's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, October 9th, 2014 2:36 PM

Can a Motomaker Card be purchased from ATT to customize a Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen?

There seem to be quite a few customers who want this and the local store knows nothing about it.

The best feature of the new Moto X (2nd Gen) is the ability to personalize color, texture (leather, wood, plastic), accent colors, personal engraving, etc. through the Motomaker site.

This is THE reason many people will want this phone.

Motorola says the Motomaker Card should be something that can be purchased at Corporate ATT stores, but nobody at the store knows anything about this.

Anyone at ATT want to offer some insight about the availability of the Motomaker Card?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I have been able to get some light shed on this with a call to the Sales department at ATT customer service.

It seems that they chose to introduce just the two flavors of the 16GB Moto X2 in the stores at this time. (White/Bamboo and Black/Black Plastic)

At some time in the future they plan to introduce a fully customizable version of the 32GB Moto X2, but no date has been set. Best guess was it would be available in time for Holiday purchase, and custom versions will be processed with purchase of a Motomaker Card at the store.

For now, you can order a custom version of either the 16 or 32GB versions from the Motomaker site, but only if you can get your credit card to process through checkout, which mine, and several others it seems, will not. :^(

It is back to Motorola for me, to see if they can get their credit card processing patched to allow my purchase there.

This has been quite frustrating, but at least I've pulled enough hair to get some idea of why ATT can't provide me with the Motomaker Card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.