Get the myAT&T app
demecer's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 10:30 PM

Caller Name ID on Iphone

Does anyone know when caller Name ID for Iphone will be coming.   Currently live on Verizon and TMobile iphones, and At&T supports with some phones, but no iphone yet. 

This is a huge feature for me, as I use my phone for work, so most of the ppl calling are not in my phonebook.  Would love to see who it is so I can do a better job of screening my calls.

info on the service is here:

http://www.cequint.com/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

In case anyone is still checking this, I just discovered that AT&T now offers this for iPhone.  You need to get the AT&T Call Protect app and then subscribe to Call Protect Plus at $3.99 a month (interestingly this is billed through the iTunes Store rather than on my phone bill).  I'm now getting Caller ID with name (advertised as "Enhanced Caller ID") on my iPhone 8+.  AT&T states this will only work in an HD voice capable area, but I think that's most areas with LTE at this point.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @demecer  Thanks for posting your questions. Unfortunately Caller Name ID is not available on the iPhone.  At this time we do not have a timeframe for availability of this feature.

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I see that Verizon & T-Mobile now offer the enhanced caller ID from Cequint for the iPhone.  Is AT&T going to be offering it as well?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Any update? All the other carriers are offering on iPhone. Should I switch?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I would also like to know if there's any updates. I just had to give up my Note 7 for the second time and decided to switch to iPhone. I've already ordered my iPhone, and now I find out Caller Name ID is not available on iPhones with AT&T. Verizon and T-Mobile iPhones have Caller Name ID, but not AT&T. What gives? 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Clearly, it's a feature that AT&T hasn't implemented yet

(Is there really any explanation that would make you happy?)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Clearly you're great at pointing out the obvious, garylapointe. It would be nice to know if AT&T plans to offer this service, because it is very useful, especially if you're interested in screening your calls. The AT&T rep says there is not currently a timeframe for it's availability, but that's not the same as saying it won't happen. I, for one, hope they make it happen like other networks have.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

[Reply to garylapointe]

Wow, what an asshat.

cbwinnett obviously just wanted something a little more specific than what the AT&T rep said.  Is that OK with you?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there any update on when Caller ID NAME will be available on AT&T for iPhone?  Seems like AT&T is the only one not offering this feature.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

AT&T offers name and number display on their landlines, I know because I subscribe to it.  Since AT&T already has access to this name data it shouldn't be too terribly difficult for them to display it on their wireless network as well; they certainly wouldn't have to pay to access the database, since it would sorta be like PAYING THEMSELVES, right? In any event, I would pay for it in a heartbeat if it was offered for my iPhone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.