For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Mcmanus123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 15th, 2014 2:21 PM

Bring new Metro PCS phone (GSM) to ATT

k so i have questions before i dive in with at&t.....first i have the kyocera hydro xtrm from metropcs, i get no service at all in my area, im in Bangor, Pa......i have it unlocked and i wanna switch so here are the questions.....will i get lte service? data is my big thing with my phone so im looking to make sure ill get full use of your network...if i meet these requirments all i would need is a at&t sim card and a pre paid card for unlimted use....Do you guys have pre paid cards so i can just grab it from the store and reboost it every month?? thank u for ur time

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Mcmanus123

Fabulous question! After doing some research on the said device, it appears to be a GSM device, however, it doesn't show the frequencies it uses. Since MetroPCS phones run on the T-Mobile Network, the phone will be compatible with AT&T HSPA+ service, but you would not see LTE in too many areas due to the Bands utilized by both carriers. AT&T uses Band 2,4,5,17 while T-Mobile uses band 12 and 4.

HSPA+ is very speedy so I don't think you will notice a difference between it and LTE, apart that AT&T has a lot more coverage than T-Mobile/MetroPCS combined. 🙂

Hope this answers your question and can't wait to have you part of the AT&T family!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you very much, ill be on the at&t network before days end 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Excellent! Welcome to AT&T, the nations most reliable network! If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out the community as you did today! 🙂

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

im sorry to bother you again but when i switch today i want a pre paid account , im seeing people talk about go phone or something....im looking to just get unlimited everything and be able to pay with a pre paid card i can buy from a local store....can you give me some insight on what im looking for so i dnt make a mistake

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Mcmanus123

Go phone is definitely what you are looking for for prepaid service! Stop by your nearest AT&T corporate store and say you are interested in go phone service for your smartphone. 🙂 However keep in mind AT&T does not offer unlimited data.

However, Cricket, a AT&T subsidiary, does offer this which a good alternative option. This is also a prepaid service and does use AT&T's network for data and routing calls. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi, I just bought a metro pcs Lg Optimus L70 and i live in three rivers, California and i get absolutely no service. I go to school in woodlake (a nearby town) and i had service and then a few days ago it said that i could only make emergency calls. This is not because I didn't pay my bill and i wanted to know if i can switch providers to at&t and keep the same phone so i could get better services.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Since MetroPCS phones run on the T-Mobile Network, the phone will be compatible with AT&T HSPA+ service, but you would not see LTE in too many areas due to the Bands utilized by both carriers. AT&T uses Band 2,4,5,17 while T-Mobile uses band 12 and 4.????

lol

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Can I just go get a att simcard and just put it it in a metro pcs phone if not what steps do I need to take to switch using a metro pcs phone on att network

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How do i get my At&tformat on this metro pcs phone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a metro phone coolpad it has a app to unlock but doesn't work I have my at&t Sim in and have did a little research people say they've done it. Need help bad at&t is closed lol
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.