Bring new Metro PCS phone (GSM) to ATT

Highlighted
Contributor

Bring new Metro PCS phone (GSM) to ATT

k so i have questions before i dive in with at&t.....first i have the kyocera hydro xtrm from metropcs, i get no service at all in my area, im in Bangor, Pa......i have it unlocked and i wanna switch so here are the questions.....will i get lte service? data is my big thing with my phone so im looking to make sure ill get full use of your network...if i meet these requirments all i would need is a at&t sim card and a pre paid card for unlimted use....Do you guys have pre paid cards so i can just grab it from the store and reboost it every month?? thank u for ur time

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Professor

Re: Bring new Metro PCS phone (GSM) to ATT

@Mcmanus123

Fabulous question! After doing some research on the said device, it appears to be a GSM device, however, it doesn't show the frequencies it uses. Since MetroPCS phones run on the T-Mobile Network, the phone will be compatible with AT&T HSPA+ service, but you would not see LTE in too many areas due to the Bands utilized by both carriers. AT&T uses Band 2,4,5,17 while T-Mobile uses band 12 and 4.

HSPA+ is very speedy so I don't think you will notice a difference between it and LTE, apart that AT&T has a lot more coverage than T-Mobile/MetroPCS combined. Smiley Happy

Hope this answers your question and can't wait to have you part of the AT&T family!!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

Thank you very much, ill be on the at&t network before days end Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Professor

Excellent! Welcome to AT&T, the nations most reliable network! If you ever need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out the community as you did today! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Contributor

im sorry to bother you again but when i switch today i want a pre paid account , im seeing people talk about go phone or something....im looking to just get unlimited everything and be able to pay with a pre paid card i can buy from a local store....can you give me some insight on what im looking for so i dnt make a mistake

Message 5 of 11
ACE - Professor

@Mcmanus123

Go phone is definitely what you are looking for for prepaid service! Stop by your nearest AT&T corporate store and say you are interested in go phone service for your smartphone. Smiley Happy However keep in mind AT&T does not offer unlimited data.

However, Cricket, a AT&T subsidiary, does offer this which a good alternative option. This is also a prepaid service and does use AT&T's network for data and routing calls. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Contributor

Hi, I just bought a metro pcs Lg Optimus L70 and i live in three rivers, California and i get absolutely no service. I go to school in woodlake (a nearby town) and i had service and then a few days ago it said that i could only make emergency calls. This is not because I didn't pay my bill and i wanted to know if i can switch providers to at&t and keep the same phone so i could get better services.
Message 7 of 11
Contributor

Since MetroPCS phones run on the T-Mobile Network, the phone will be compatible with AT&T HSPA+ service, but you would not see LTE in too many areas due to the Bands utilized by both carriers. AT&T uses Band 2,4,5,17 while T-Mobile uses band 12 and 4.????

lol

Message 8 of 11
Contributor

Can I just go get a att simcard and just put it it in a metro pcs phone if not what steps do I need to take to switch using a metro pcs phone on att network
Message 9 of 11
Contributor

How do i get my At&tformat on this metro pcs phone?

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

I have a metro phone coolpad it has a app to unlock but doesn't work I have my at&t Sim in and have did a little research people say they've done it. Need help bad at&t is closed lol
Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support