For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
dlightdlight's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 1:56 PM

Assigning a Static IP to MiFi Unite Pro

Can a Static IP be assigned to a MiFi Unite Pro (or Unite White).  I'd like to connect an IP surveillance camera to it.  I would think it can.  How much does AT&T charge for a Static IP ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Sure thing. I should mention that you do need a business account to get a static IP. I setup one several years ago for my small business, but it's morphed into our family account and it works just fine for that (5 devices total incl the hotspot). Aside from the device cost of $49, the only other cost was $20/mo to add it to our shared data plan. There was no additional charge for the static IP, contrary to other posts I've seen that claim a $500 setup.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am trying to do the same thing (place a webcam in a rural location using the Unite as a hot spot/router).  I am finding that the "public" IP address assigned to the hot spot isn't the same as the IP address being reported to the hot spot (there are one or more layers of NAT/router in between the "real" internet and the hot spot).  My camera supports Dynamic DNS, so I am sure that if I can figure out how to get the hot spot to recognize its public IP, I can get this to work.

I tried your i2gold APN, and it won't give the hot spot an IP address (0.0.0.0).  Any other suggestions?  Thanks for trying.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Do you have a business account, have they added a static IP to the device, and have you gone through my step-by-step instrux above? If so, I am at a loss. I would call AT&T tech support.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have in the works to setup a business account with att. However the rep's where not able to tell me the cost of seting up the static ip's. On there web site it does show $500.00 for setup of a static ip and 3$ per month per ip address. How where you able to bypass this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have in the works to setup a business account. The rep's where not able to tell me the cost of setting up the static ip addresses. On there web site it shows $500.00 for setup of a static ip address and 3$ per month per address. How where you able to bypass these charges?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.