Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

Tutor

Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

GPS Tracking and remote device ringing works on every Android mobile device we own - except the AT&T Fusion 2.   The firmware level on my phone is Android 2.3.6. Is there a simple solution for lost/stolen phone tracking that is easy for a non techie to install and use?

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

@goeffballHave you checked the Google Play store?  Most of the mobile antivirus apps (Norton, Lookout, Mcafee) include tracking and some kind of alert option. 

Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I decided to do an end run rather than seek an alternate tracking solution. 

My suspicion was that the Fusion 2 running Android 2.3.6 did not support the newer Android Device Management app.

To that end, I bought an AT&T Radiant GoPhone and am in the process of birthing it as we speak.  The first app I installed was the Android Device Manager.  I added the phone to our many Google accounts and was able to ping and  locate the phone on the very first try.

Bottom line: Fusion 2 not supported, is out of service.   The AT&T Radiant (a ZTE Z740) works perfectly. 

Problem solved.

July 30, 2014

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support