Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 27, 2014
11:06:22 AM
Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

GPS Tracking and remote device ringing works on every Android mobile device we own - except the AT&T Fusion 2.   The firmware level on my phone is Android 2.3.6. Is there a simple solution for lost/stolen phone tracking that is easy for a non techie to install and use?

GPS Tracking and remote device ringing works on every Android mobile device we own - except the AT&T Fusion 2.   The firmware level on my phone is Android 2.3.6. Is there a simple solution for lost/stolen phone tracking that is easy for a non techie to install and use?

Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 3:15:26 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Man_of_Steel on Jul 27, 2014 at 3:16:27 PM

@goeffballHave you checked the Google Play store?  Most of the mobile antivirus apps (Norton, Lookout, Mcafee) include tracking and some kind of alert option. 

@goeffballHave you checked the Google Play store?  Most of the mobile antivirus apps (Norton, Lookout, Mcafee) include tracking and some kind of alert option. 

Re: Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2014 6:13:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I decided to do an end run rather than seek an alternate tracking solution. 

My suspicion was that the Fusion 2 running Android 2.3.6 did not support the newer Android Device Management app.

To that end, I bought an AT&T Radiant GoPhone and am in the process of birthing it as we speak.  The first app I installed was the Android Device Manager.  I added the phone to our many Google accounts and was able to ping and  locate the phone on the very first try.

Bottom line: Fusion 2 not supported, is out of service.   The AT&T Radiant (a ZTE Z740) works perfectly. 

Problem solved.

July 30, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion.  I decided to do an end run rather than seek an alternate tracking solution. 

My suspicion was that the Fusion 2 running Android 2.3.6 did not support the newer Android Device Management app.

To that end, I bought an AT&T Radiant GoPhone and am in the process of birthing it as we speak.  The first app I installed was the Android Device Manager.  I added the phone to our many Google accounts and was able to ping and  locate the phone on the very first try.

Bottom line: Fusion 2 not supported, is out of service.   The AT&T Radiant (a ZTE Z740) works perfectly. 

Problem solved.

July 30, 2014

Re: Android Device Manager app (for tracking lost/stolen phone) will not work on Fusion 2.

3 of 3 (917 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments