For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lizagirl5's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 4:34 PM

ATT Address Book Sync?

My galaxy 6 edge just updated to 5.1.1 and now my att address book contacts won't sync? A big chunk of my contacts is missing. It says it's syncing - but nothing is happening. The little sync address book icon keeps popping up at random too. I tried the settings, and the website - is this a bug in the update? Is there a fix?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @lizagirl5

Thank you for reaching out to ur community regarding your AT&T address book issues.

Please send me a private message by clicking here and provide me your name and a good call back number besides the S5, if you have one.

Thank you,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am about to explode with  anger. Somehow all the rescent contacts on my wife's cell were lost and  Ican't recover them or get the right log in or help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same sync error with my Note 5 and the icon is constantly popping up that it is trying to sync. Tried to clear cache and sync manually but to no avail.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Sounds like this is happening to a lot of phones. Even though I turned off Auto-sync, the phone still tries to sync. I get a status bar that says 10%, and freezes there. The little icon flashes intermittently, my battery heats up, and I get angry. The only way to stop it is to turn off my data, and the only way to fix it is to re-boot my phone. Very annoying.

My phone is a ZTE maven Z812, Android v5.1

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My ZTE does the same thing! Freezes at 10%. I just took it to the ATT store and the guy cleared my Cache, then restarted my Addressbook and now I have no contacts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the S7 Edge and I keep getting the sync in progress error that I cannot get rid of.  I don't want to use the att address book as I use Outlook.  How do I get rid of this?  My wife has the same problem with her S7.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.