For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
ATTKevin's profile

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2017 11:35 PM

Who Is Calling Me? - Protect Yourself with AT&T Call Protect

Call Protect.png

Hello Community!

I’m excited to announce the latest tool in our family of apps designed to protect you from unwanted (and potentially fraudulent) calls.

Keep reading for more information.

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1137805/

Ahh I was mixed up, theres one feature in it that has to be renewed every 30 days but not the whole thing

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous  Numbers are blocked for 30 days.  I’m not sure what the logic is behind this limit.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

ii just need a password

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

This is a home phone line.  Need it also for the cell but it Is not as bad as the home phone.  I'm about ready to pull the phone out of the house

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank You.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This application is not working in my S8. It keeps saying "Line Not Eligible" even though I own the primary account and I have been a subscriber for a while now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This application is not working in my S8. It keeps saying "Line Not Eligible" even though I own the primary account and I have been a subscriber for a while now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As you mention, most calls lately are using your local area code and same prefix.  Why isn't this an option to block all calls in this "range" rather than having hundreds of individual numbers that must be re-enabled every 30 days?

I would rather add a few numbers into my contacts (allowed through) than have 10,000 numbers to block manually.

Is there a way to request Wanted-Features?

PS

I see that HiYa implemented has already implemented this feature... How soon will this show up in ATT's product?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Fred_F_Stone wrote:

As you mention, most calls lately are using your local area code and same prefix.  Why isn't this an option to block all calls in this "range" rather than having hundreds of individual numbers that must be re-enabled every 30 days?

Why would I want to do that?   I would effectively block my own family who is in that range and my customers, who are in that range.  

The system cannot and willnot block valid numbers from innocent users who have been spoofed.  

I would rather add a few numbers into my contacts (allowed through) than have 10,000 numbers to block manually.

If that’s what you want, then don’t answer calls that don’t pop up from your contact list, or add an app that refuses all calls except your contact list.

Your particular request has been made before and cannot be put into practice.  

PS

I see that HiYa implemented has already implemented this feature... How soon will this show up in ATT's product?

Call Protect was developed by Hiya.  The settings imply it can do that, but it does not.  I have call protect on one phone and Hiya on my non ATT phone.  Neither is able to filter all spoofed calls.  Both to a good job filtering robo, telemarketing, spam and fraud.  

There is an APP called DU caller which can be set to let only contacts through.   I’m sure it’s not the only one.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

@Fred_F_Stone wrote:

Why would I want to do that?   I would effectively block my own family who is in that range and my customers, who are in that range.  

This feature WOULD benefit me, I did not ask that you (or anyone else) must use it too.  That's why it's called a feature; one which can be turned on or turned off.  I suspect others might find this feature helpful (as do Hiya users).

The system cannot and will not block valid numbers from innocent users who have been spoofed.

By this definition, only verified spammers (robo calls) will be notified on caller id. As this is helpful, it is the spoofing that robo-calls are now using and the application needs to adapt.

If that’s what you want, then don’t answer calls that don’t pop up from your contact list, or add an app that refuses all calls except your contact list.

I dont answer the calls; but yet i have to get the phone and look at it to see who is calling.  Blocking (to me) is not receiving the call at all; no beep, no buzz, no sound.  If it must be passed through as a completed call, then direct it immediately to voice mail.

Your particular request has been made before and cannot be put into practice.  

Without user feedback (suggestions, comments, etc), would seem this product little future and a short shelf life.

PS

Call Protect was developed by Hiya.  The settings imply it can do that, but it does not.  I have call protect on one phone and Hiya on my non ATT phone.  Neither is able to filter all spoofed calls.  Both to a good job filtering robo, telemarketing, spam and fraud.  

I've now switched to Hiya and have enabled "Neighborhood Scam".  Also enabled "Send to voicemail".

Agreed, no program will block ALL robo, spam, telemarketing, fraud, etc, but I just increased my ability to block more calls that fall in this category.  And also reduce the number of times i need to look at the phone to just then ignore the call.

There is an APP called DU caller which can be set to let only contacts through.   I’m sure it’s not the only one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.