For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

The 10 person limit has never bothered me....perhaps I need to make more friends!  Lol

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is really unacceptable.  I spend on average over $300 per month for this service. The arrogance in saying there is a 10 person text limit and tough, is unbelievable. I might switch asap.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello all, my turn to encounter this problem.  Here is my take on this beaten-to-death problem:

• The ATnT employees responding to this thread are very likely customer service people who do not have the ability to influence policy and likely don't have a communication channel up to those who do.  What can they say other than what they're saying
  • The ATnT people that are in a position to make such a decision probably don't even know there's an issue, and they likely wouldn't "waste their time" following a customer forum.

So tighten your belts.  Nothing's going to change

I might remark that the company I work for, a somewhat large electronics company whose name you'd probably recognize (not ATnT), has realized that following the traditional policy was sinking the ship, and has executed drastic policy changes focusing on market needs and customer satisfaction, hoping to make a turn-around.  Good for them.  ATnT may need to do the same ultimately to survive.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

6 years ago

Realized this limit was in place this week.  What is AT&T afraid of exactly if they change the limit to like 16 or something camparable to VZW?  Or what would it cost them exactly that they have had this threshold in place for so long?  Is it a GSM limitiation that cannot be lifed without the proper RCS infrastructure in place?  C'mon don't just chime in saying nothing is broke, or it is just a limit that will never change...etc.  Someone give some substantial reasoning as to why this is please.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why is there a ten person limit on text messaging and is there any plan to eliminate it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

ATT claims is spam prevention.   It’s their choice.  Most carriers limit to 10 except Verizon.  

There is no plan to change.

Group me app allows text to large groups and does not require others to have the app.  

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Silly that 10 seems acceptable to ATT. wonder if they’ve done research to see the optimal number? Happy customers and Customer surface is uniform in the cellular industry. Saying you are better than any of the competition is a very low bar

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I was directed here by clicking on the green bar that says “go to solution!” Is this really considered a solution. If so, this is another low for ATT service...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would agree with ATT concerning SPAM Texting if they allowed unlimited members in a group text...But CM'ON ATT...really! You honestly think if you limit the max to 20 contacts, that would incite SPAMMING... I agree with the post of the person who stated that we must get these complaints to the people who can make a difference.

Get it together ATT... if you don't, many potential former ATT customers may be asking you the question... "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!"

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

6 years ago

From what I've been reading here on the group texting issue, AT&T contributors are stating that group texting is limited to 10 recipients because of network limitations. I find this to be a false statement due to the fact that my wife has an Iphone, on the same plan as I, and she can send and receive group messages with 20 recipients. We are both on the same plan and share the same data. The only difference is that she has an Iphone and I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. 

Can an AT&T rep provide an answer as to why she can send and receive group messages from more then 10 and I can't?

Also can anyone that is having or not having this issue reply with the make and model of their phone. Maybe we can find a pattern here and help AT&T correct this problem since it seems that they can't figure out the problem themselves.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.