Explore & discover

Helpful Links

what is net neutrality?

Highlighted
Scholar

what is net neutrality?

how does this law effects at&t service or what is the new law ? 

how does this affect ,cell data service ? 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lordie
‎04-01-2018 5:23 PM

Re: what is net neutrality?

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites. There is no new law, what happened was the FCC repealed their rules that imposed net neutrality on all internet service providers. What this means is that any internet service provider, including ATT, could give preferential treatment to certain web sites or services. For example, Netflix could pay ATT to make their service work better than Hulu.

ATT has always stated they support net neutrality and did not need the FCC to impose any rules. Most internet providers have stated the same thing. So far, to my knowledge none of the internet providers have started violating any of those old rules, even though they could. Whether or not it stays that way, only time will tell.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Scholar

thanks 

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Now that the fcc repealed net neutrality do we have to start paying for everything like to access websites for example

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

@Mrgamer

No.  There was life and free internet access BEFORE NN and it will not change AFTER June 11.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support