Need your talk or text logs?
chrism35007's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 5:01 AM

Closed

view text messages from my computer

Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T offers the AT&T Messages App for the Android OS that will allow you to view your text messages on multiple devices, as well as store them in the AT&T Cloud!

View more information here!

Other than this app, there are no AT&T supported methods to view text messages. This information is not captured or stored by AT&T so it is not available for viewing online. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

chrism35007 wrote:
Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.
No, there isn't.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

16 years ago

If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

paula46158 wrote:
     If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.

I see it as them not allowing it, because if anyone knows your online passcode, then they are able to get in to your online account and see your sms that you are getting and sending, that there would cause alot more problems than it does now with them not allowing it to be seen online.

Scholar

• 

203 Messages

16 years ago

paula46158 wrote:

Wikipedia defines text messages as "Short Message Service (SMS) is a communications protocol allowing the interchange of short text messages between mobile telephony devices. " Key words here are "mobile telephony devices." If you are unable to use you cell at work use email or get a software application to hook you cell phone to your computer and you can read text messages that way. In short, test messages are between cell phones, not cell phones and computers

Master

• 

789 Messages

16 years ago

If you have a Nokia, and Bluetooth on your computer, and PC Suite, then you can read them without touching your phone.

All hail Nokia! Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

paula46158 wrote:
You can't view the transcripts of your conversations on the site either 😉 You can see all the billable instances of text messaging — when the message was sent/received and the source or destination, but not the content.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@shalaghsholoogh wrote:

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

Download & install Nokia PC Suite and walk through the wizard to connect your phone to PC. Then click the appropriate items in the program to access text messages.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

were is this appropriate items? i cant find it?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.