view text messages from my computer

Mentor

view text messages from my computer

Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.
Message 1 of 32 (767,936 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: view text messages from my computer

chrism35007 wrote:
Is there any way to view teh text messages sent to my cell phone from ,y computer?  many times i am at work and cannot use my cell phone and i need to see if I ahve any text messages.
No, there isn't.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 32 (765,720 Views)

If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.
Message 3 of 32 (765,661 Views)
Expert

paula46158 wrote:
     If find it hard to believe that we can not check our text messages from the site.  We can see everything else, why not text messages.  I'm of the same mind.  A lot of times I am at work and unable to receive text messages on my phone and would love to be able to look them up via the AT&T/Cingular site.

I see it as them not allowing it, because if anyone knows your online passcode, then they are able to get in to your online account and see your sms that you are getting and sending, that there would cause alot more problems than it does now with them not allowing it to be seen online.
Message 4 of 32 (765,656 Views)
Scholar

paula46158 wrote:

Wikipedia defines text messages as "Short Message Service (SMS) is a communications protocol allowing the interchange of short text messages between mobile telephony devices. " Key words here are "mobile telephony devices." If you are unable to use you cell at work use email or get a software application to hook you cell phone to your computer and you can read text messages that way. In short, test messages are between cell phones, not cell phones and computers
Message 5 of 32 (765,642 Views)
Master

If you have a Nokia, and Bluetooth on your computer, and PC Suite, then you can read them without touching your phone.

All hail Nokia! Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 32 (765,622 Views)
ACE - Expert

paula46158 wrote:
You can't view the transcripts of your conversations on the site either Smiley Wink You can see all the billable instances of text messaging — when the message was sent/received and the source or destination, but not the content.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 32 (765,511 Views)
Highlighted

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

Message 8 of 32 (757,947 Views)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:

dude u sed u can do it on nokia how can you do it? bcuz i got nokia and i want to do it but i dnt know how will appritiate it if u tell me

tnx

Download & install Nokia PC Suite and walk through the wizard to connect your phone to PC. Then click the appropriate items in the program to access text messages.
Message 9 of 32 (757,894 Views)

were is this appropriate items? i cant find it?
Message 10 of 32 (757,711 Views)
Master

You can't find Nokia PC Suite?

Here is the link to the Nokia website support pages where you can obtain it (free download) -

Nokia Suites

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 11 of 32 (572,499 Views)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
were is this appropriate items? i cant find it?

I don't have the PC Suite installed anymore, so I can't give you a screen shot. The main PC Suite window has a number of different items (represented by icons) for various tasks like Backup, Media, Contacts, etc. One of them should be for messages.
Message 12 of 32 (572,497 Views)

i am not tryin to be a pain or anythin bu i cant see anythin that gets me to my messeges erm does it matter werthere i am connected with blutooth or cable to the PC ? i mean i cant see wa happens on my phone wen i connected to the pc cuz the screen is broke, so wen i conect it does come up with options on the phone tha i can select? or is just a 1 ?
Message 13 of 32 (572,461 Views)
ACE - Expert

shalaghsholoogh wrote:
i am not tryin to be a pain or anythin bu i cant see anythin that gets me to my messeges erm does it matter werthere i am connected with blutooth or cable to the PC ? i mean i cant see wa happens on my phone wen i connected to the pc cuz the screen is broke, so wen i conect it does come up with options on the phone tha i can select? or is just a 1 ?

If you have paired the phone before, it may just be asking the permission to connect, otherwise it may also need the PIN setup. Here's the screen shot of the PC Suite — clicking the yellow envelope will open the window with messages.

Message 14 of 32 (572,413 Views)

i ama ssuming this is for normal N95 not the 8GB pc suit coz tha dosnt look anything like this.. can you do it with 8GB one?
Message 15 of 32 (572,388 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.