Need your talk or text logs?
incog_neato's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 11:33 PM

text msg transcripts

is it possible to get transcripts of text messages or to see the content of mms message?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Look in your message settings, you may be able to "backup and restore" your messages and get the messages you need. I too needed messages that were deleted (for civil court) and was able to "backup and restore" all my messages (a long process but worth it for important deleted messages). If you never enabled it before not sure if it still will work but worth a try. And no 3rd party app required! Good luck, hope it helps you too!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I was trying to find the answer to this and tried 3rd party apps that didn't work and the whole time I have "backup and restore" on in my message settings. The process can't take quite a bit of time but we'll worth it if you need important deleted messages (I did for civil court). Not sure if it is something you have to have turned on or activated before hand (I must have) bc it totally worked for me, even got messages I received on my old phone before I upgraded. So a court order is not the only way to get deleted messages for those who aren't educated in all the facts!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry but a Court order is not the only way to retrieve deleted messages, "backup and restore" in message settings can also get all your deleted messages, even messages from before a phone upgrade. I know this for a fact bc I just did it and got every text message I needed that was long deleted, even from before my upgrade!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Wrong!! AT&T has text message transcript software for your computer. I use it a lot.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@urkell No, the above is not wrong. What you use is called ATT Messages and it is a service you specifically must sign up for. It did not exist when the above responses were written. ATT still does not retain text content unless you sign up for ATT Messages. Customers who have not signed up for ATT Messages still can not get their text content history.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.