Need your talk or text logs?
jrsimon's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2019 4:02 PM

text from Europe to US

I read with the unlimited plan you can send a text from Europe to the US for $.50 per text. So for minimal texting this would be more economical than the Day Plan at $10/day, correct?

Thank You

John

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That is the international roaming rate for texts when you don’t have an international plan regardless of what domestic plan you have. Yes, if you plan to send less than $10 worth of texts (more like $13 with taxes and fees), it is cheaper to pay by the text than the daily fee. Picture messages are $1.30. You only pay for sent messages, received messages are free. Just make sure you leave data roaming off or cellular data off. Your phone will use data if you let it and the data charge without an international plan is $2.05 per mb.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank You SO MUCH for your reply, that helps us A LOT deciding what to do next month while in EuropeJohn Simon

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Dear john. I have service with AT&T and my son is with Verizon. He is in Europe I am in the US and we have been texting back-and-forth all week. We both have unlimited texting plans and there is no additional cost. Not a penny

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Maggie, thanks so much for your information, very encouraging. There is so much conflicting information on line.Even on the AT&T community it said a text without the $10/day plan it would be $.50 per text.

Thank you
John

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@maggied66007 Of course there is no charge for you but I bet he is paying extra unless he is using WiFi calling. If he is roaming, he is paying. Verizon does not provide free international roaming from Europe, same as ATT.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Sandblaster, Thanks, that was my understanding
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.