Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 25, 2009
11:52:59 AM
View profile
sending text msgs
I am able to receive text msgs but not able to send.  Error msg is "sending failed, retry?"
I am able to receive text msgs but not able to send.  Error msg is "sending failed, retry?"
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 25, 2009 12:11:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Lindalowens wrote:

You need to make sure your message center number is set up correctly.

If you have an AT&T Wireless SIM card, try using +19703769301 as message center number
If you have a Cingular SIM card, try using +13123149810 as message center number.

Note: plus is important.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

sending text msgs

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 25, 2009 12:11:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Lindalowens wrote:

If you have an AT&T Wireless SIM card, try using +19703769301 as message center number
If you have a Cingular SIM card, try using +13123149810 as message center number.

Lindalowens wrote:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: sending text msgs

2 of 5 (3,310 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2009 12:30:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Looks like that worked.  Wonder how the number was deleted from the message center when it worked just fine before?

Looks like that worked.  Wonder how the number was deleted from the message center when it worked just fine before?

3 of 5 (3,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2009 12:58:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Lindalowens wrote:

Glad it worked. You didn't change SIM cards or texting profiles or anything like that? It was just working one minute and not the next? If you didn't do anything at all, just chalk it up to the complexity of electronic devices and inevitable glitches and bugs you're bound to run into over time...

Lindalowens wrote:

Glad it worked. You didn't change SIM cards or texting profiles or anything like that? It was just working one minute and not the next? If you didn't do anything at all, just chalk it up to the complexity of electronic devices and inevitable glitches and bugs you're bound to run into over time...

4 of 5 (3,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2009 6:22:51 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Lindalowens wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to post; I'm glad to see that  dmapr was able to provide you with assistance. Thanks dmapr for your help; please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Lindalowens wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to post; I'm glad to see that  dmapr was able to provide you with assistance. Thanks dmapr for your help; please feel free to open a new thread should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

5 of 5 (3,234 Views)