"DUCS ONLY"

Teacher

"DUCS ONLY"

Hi: I was viewing my my current rate plan detail and I have a question. My data plan was recently upgraded to the DataPro 3Gb for smartphone (DUCS ONLY). My question is: What does that DUCS only mean? Is there restrictions on what I can download or view on my smartphone device?

Message 1 of 2 (729 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: "DUCS ONLY"

Thank you for your post @abbysian, this is a great question! DUCS stands for Data Usage Controls System and is a high usage notification service for data customers on specific plans. It helps to eliminate "sticker shock" by alerting you of excessive data and/or SMS usage. This allows you to immediately adjust your usage or change to a more appropriate plan, if necessary. 

I hope this helps! 

~Julie Rae 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (633 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.