Explore & discover

Helpful Links

passport use instructions

Highlighted
Tutor

passport use instructions

Are there instructions for how to use passport?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: passport use instructions

What sort of restrictions are you thinking of? Passport does not work in all countries, so there is one restriction. You only get so much data and pay overages for data use beyond that, that would be another restriction.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Not looking for restriction issues. Looking for information on how to use the service, i.e. what to do and what not to do for texting, calling, and data use.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Golf1
‎12-16-2017 11:35 AM

There are no restrictions on texting, so text all you want. As for calls, you are only charged for calls made (either originated by you are received calls), so that should be pretty easy to control. The one thing to worry about with calls is the possibility of being charged even for calls you don't answer. That all depends on the foreign carrier as to whether they charge or not. In my experience, most calls not answered do not charge but some do. As for data, the rule I always follow is use wifi as much as possible and leave data roaming off unless I want to use cellular data, then turn it back off as soon as I am done. This prevents the phone from using up data in the background or unintentionally. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support