For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
bigstein77's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 12:34 PM

Closed

my phone is adding an extra 1 before phone numbers on text messages

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express I've sent texts that never have been received now +11 in front of text causing error code.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Sorry to hear that Bobby

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's NOT resolved!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Last week this problem happened to me.

I followed every step described in several instructional e-mails.  Deleted all messages, threads, the contact, reset network settings, powered down and reset my phone, etc.  Still had the issue. Gave up until today when I tried to text the number again and....it finally worked.  So, my question is, and I've looked everywhere for the answer (unsuccessfully), Why does this happen all of a sudden to a contact?  The contact I had trouble with was not a new contact. I had texted the number before, no issues.  It appears that it is either due to a) an Apple upgrade; b) an AT&T issue; or c) a combination of both.  From everything I've read, all the AT&T employees who have replied only give the canned remedy.  So far, no one is willing or able to explain WHAT causes the problem and HOW they plan to avoid it in the future.  Just one more frustration you can expect from AT&T !!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi ATT Mariana - it's not fixed.  Today is August 5th and I just came across this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's August 17 and I'm having this problem as well.

All the previous "fixes" did not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Ms. Charise, your solution is not working with my phone.  It has done this before and I took the battary out and it stopped.  Now, it doesn't matter what I do, it continues to add a 1 to the local phone number.  It's VERY FRUSTRATING!!  PLEASE HELP!!

Apr 16, 2015 11:33:48 AM

Community Support

Hey, everyone!

Thanks for posting your messaging concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Because of the additional number one that was added in the messaging thread, you’ll want to please delete any existing messaging thread that contains that additional number and power your phone off for several minutes. Once it’s back on and has signal, begin a new message to prevent any sending failure.

To delete a message thread on an Android phone, tap messaging on the phone, then press and hold the message, you'll then tap delete on the screen.

To delete a message thread on iOS, tap messages, tap edit on the upper left of the screen, then tap the message you wish to delete and tap delete on the bottom right.

To delete a message thread on Windows, tap Messaging,

Under Threads, do one of the following:

Tap to the left of one or more messages or threads to select each one, then tap Delete.

Tap and hold the message or thread you want to delete, then tap Delete.

Tap Delete to confirm.

If this does not resolve your issue, please send me a private message by and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

A good alternate contact number

The best date and time to contact you

Thanks!

Charise

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

It's August 20, 2015 and this just happened to me: GS4 on AT&T. It doesn't add the 1 on Favorites but it is on GMail contacts.

I did the delete threads | turn off phone deal and it did not fix it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It just happened to me???? Its freaking October why is this still an issue!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

hi i have same issue with texting now adding a 1 to my # when i try to text then i get the error message to use 10 digit # and my texts never go thru. please help this is frustrating and i see it happening to many other customers as well.

***michael m

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.