For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
bigstein77's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 12:34 PM

Closed

my phone is adding an extra 1 before phone numbers on text messages

hi i need help with fixing my phone. this problem started today. when some one textes me its comes up with the area code and the 7 didget phone number but it doesnt look like this +1 5** *******. it comes up as +115*********. i try and text to the number but it wont let me so i have to go to my old messages with the person in order to send them a text message. please help this is very frustrating.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

same, I am not having the issue with other ATT users, but people have tested with mulitple people on verizon, and all incoming messages come in as +1 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Same problem with Nokia 1520 Windows Phone. Must be an AT&T thing. My Verizon work phone (Windows) is working fine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

i have a verizon phone but i switched to at&t is this because its a verizion phone ????

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Same thing happening to me. Started this morning. I live in Michigan and have a Note 3.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

same thing here......S6 edge.....some of my contacts are intermittent others not at all....no problems til this morning

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 running on Windows 8.1. Only one number is giving me the invalid phone number code, and adding a 1 in front of the number. I have powered the phone off and back on a couple of times, but I'm still having issues.
Is this a network problem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Not sure which side the problem is on, but I'm texting between my Verizon and AT&T phones. Messages that come back from Verizon show the extra digit ... ex. +11(###) ###-####

This causes a problem with the reply. The initial text seems to work, so either Verizon is sending an extra digit or AT&T is adding it on the receiving side. Looks like a system issues, not a device issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same issue on Galaxy Note 4

Rediculous!!!!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I hope AT&T figures out how to fix it...ASAP!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I live in Wichita, Kansas (our big city) and I can text to my Mom who is a Verizon customer, but I can't text my friend who is also a Verizon customer.
I have a Lumia 635
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.