Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2011
8:51:11 PM
monitoring

hello,

I was wondering as a parent, if it is possible to get online and read text messages or picture messages that my child has been sending/recieving?

hello,

I was wondering as a parent, if it is possible to get online and read text messages or picture messages that my child has been sending/recieving?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 19, 2011 2:36:38 AM
(0)
Professor

joekillroy wrote:

ive looked it up and it seems that there are certain programs you can pay for to keep a record of the context of a phones sent and recieved messages, does anyone know if these programs will let me see the complete text history or only from the point that i sign up and on?

Once a text has been deleted, it's gone. AT&T will hold them for  a short time and will release them through a warrant issued by a judge for law inforcement.

As far as a third party program keeping records of text messges...the text history is gone once deleted. If they can monitor text messages, it would be from the point of purchase on.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Accepted Solution

monitoring

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2011 9:55:44 PM
(0)
Master

joekillroy wrote:

hello,

You will not be able to read the context/images in the the messages, but I believe you can see the date and time the messages were sent/received.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

joekillroy wrote:

hello,

You will not be able to read the context/images in the the messages, but I believe you can see the date and time the messages were sent/received.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: monitoring

2 of 11 (6,420 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 3:38:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

are you able to read anything if you pay for the Smart Controls program through at&t?

are you able to read anything if you pay for the Smart Controls program through at&t?

3 of 11 (6,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 4:48:20 AM
(0)
Master
Any other carrier will have the same restrictions because of their privacy policies. You can only see the date and time of the messages as well as the phone numbers they were sent to.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Any other carrier will have the same restrictions because of their privacy policies. You can only see the date and time of the messages as well as the phone numbers they were sent to.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 11 (6,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2011 8:26:13 AM
(0)
Master

joekillroy wrote:

Nope, you still may not. With SmartLimits, that will just let you monitor who your child can call/text, but you still may not read the actual text in the messages. As stated before, it's a part of AT&T's and other carriers' privacy policies.

joekillroy wrote:

Nope, you still may not. With SmartLimits, that will just let you monitor who your child can call/text, but you still may not read the actual text in the messages. As stated before, it's a part of AT&T's and other carriers' privacy policies.

5 of 11 (6,404 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 12:53:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

ive looked it up and it seems that there are certain programs you can pay for to keep a record of the context of a phones sent and recieved messages, does anyone know if these programs will let me see the complete text history or only from the point that i sign up and on?

6 of 11 (6,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 2:01:04 AM
(0)
Employee
just grab there phone as I'm sure you're paying for it. if they don't let you they're probably doing things they shouldnt
just grab there phone as I'm sure you're paying for it. if they don't let you they're probably doing things they shouldnt
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 11 (6,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 11:12:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

that doesnt help, you cant see anything on a phone once its deleted. im not an overinvasive parent, they were just involved in things they should not have been and now i would like to see if they have remained trustworthy since then

that doesnt help, you cant see anything on a phone once its deleted. im not an overinvasive parent, they were just involved in things they should not have been and now i would like to see if they have remained trustworthy since then

8 of 11 (6,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 11:26:26 AM
(0)
Master

joekillroy wrote:

Are these programs offered by/sponsored by AT&T? Or are they third party programs? I guess you wouldn't know completely unless you gave them a try.

joekillroy wrote:

Are these programs offered by/sponsored by AT&T? Or are they third party programs? I guess you wouldn't know completely unless you gave them a try.

9 of 11 (6,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 19, 2011 2:36:38 AM
(0)
Professor

joekillroy wrote:

Once a text has been deleted, it's gone. AT&T will hold them for  a short time and will release them through a warrant issued by a judge for law inforcement.

As far as a third party program keeping records of text messges...the text history is gone once deleted. If they can monitor text messages, it would be from the point of purchase on.

Good luck.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

joekillroy wrote:

Good luck.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

10 of 11 (6,332 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 10:55:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a 10 year old and I use this service for his Android phone. So far, I have been on free plan Smiley Happy but just upgraded last week to paid option, which is only $4 a month. It is only for Android phone but seems to work fine! See if this works for you. It works even if messages are deleted from phone & you can monitor online. TxtWatcher

I have a 10 year old and I use this service for his Android phone. So far, I have been on free plan Smiley Happy but just upgraded last week to paid option, which is only $4 a month. It is only for Android phone but seems to work fine! See if this works for you. It works even if messages are deleted from phone & you can monitor online. TxtWatcher

11 of 11 (5,121 Views)