Need your talk or text logs?
joekillroy's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 3:51 AM

monitoring

hello,

I was wondering as a parent, if it is possible to get online and read text messages or picture messages that my child has been sending/recieving?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@joekillroy wrote:

hello,

I was wondering as a parent, if it is possible to get online and read text messages or picture messages that my child has been sending/recieving?

You will not be able to read the context/images in the the messages, but I believe you can see the date and time the messages were sent/received.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@joekillroy wrote:

are you able to read anything if you pay for the Smart Controls program through at&t?

Nope, you still may not. With SmartLimits, that will just let you monitor who your child can call/text, but you still may not read the actual text in the messages. As stated before, it's a part of AT&T's and other carriers' privacy policies.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@joekillroy wrote:

ive looked it up and it seems that there are certain programs you can pay for to keep a record of the context of a phones sent and recieved messages, does anyone know if these programs will let me see the complete text history or only from the point that i sign up and on?

Once a text has been deleted, it's gone. AT&T will hold them for  a short time and will release them through a warrant issued by a judge for law inforcement.

As far as a third party program keeping records of text messges...the text history is gone once deleted. If they can monitor text messages, it would be from the point of purchase on.

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

are you able to read anything if you pay for the Smart Controls program through at&t?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Any other carrier will have the same restrictions because of their privacy policies. You can only see the date and time of the messages as well as the phone numbers they were sent to.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

ive looked it up and it seems that there are certain programs you can pay for to keep a record of the context of a phones sent and recieved messages, does anyone know if these programs will let me see the complete text history or only from the point that i sign up and on?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

just grab there phone as I'm sure you're paying for it. if they don't let you they're probably doing things they shouldnt

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

that doesnt help, you cant see anything on a phone once its deleted. im not an overinvasive parent, they were just involved in things they should not have been and now i would like to see if they have remained trustworthy since then

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@joekillroy wrote:

Are these programs offered by/sponsored by AT&T? Or are they third party programs? I guess you wouldn't know completely unless you gave them a try.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have a 10 year old and I use this service for his Android phone. So far, I have been on free plan 🙂 but just upgraded last week to paid option, which is only $4 a month. It is only for Android phone but seems to work fine! See if this works for you. It works even if messages are deleted from phone & you can monitor online. TxtWatcher

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.