Need your talk or text logs?
H82typ's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Friday, January 23rd, 2009 12:33 AM

Closed

m.youtube.com/ AT&T issues

When viewing vids on youtube, the quality of a great number of them is severely lacking. Between pixelation, 'smearing' of video component, and choppy sound that drops out occaisionaly - along with all the re-buffering, it's hardly worth going to. I'm not asking for a fix, just confirmation that I'm not the only one.  I tried contacting google, they refuse to answer.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@H82typ wrote:
When viewing vids on youtube, the quality of a great number of them is severely lacking. Between pixelation, 'smearing' of video component, and choppy sound that drops out occaisionaly - along with all the re-buffering, it's hardly worth going to. I'm not asking for a fix, just confirmation that I'm not the only one.  I tried contacting google, they refuse to answer.

Pretty much the same here.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

15 years ago

I've since found vuclip.com which works much better, and I can view dailymotion and metacafe videos as well as youtube. I click 'streaming' and away I go.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

15 years ago

You can install the you tube app from the google site. It is a lot better than trying to watch them through a browser and media player, but still not great quality.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

H82typ.....I just checked out Vuclip but didn't watch any cideos yet. I noticed that it also says on there to "switch to Vuclip Classic". Which one do you use and what is the difference?

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

15 years ago

@ sitnsidewayz: I don't have a smart phone. Must be nice, though. I haven't downloaded either youtube or vuclip to save space on my phone. 😉  I use Opera Mini to access vuclip, (I like their UI better.) It hands off to my native browser, and fires up the media player. I also have it bookmarked in MediaNet. @ Dcookie: I prefer classic, but I've used both. Go on, take it for a test drive. I don't download the vids, I just stream them. 😄
Message Edited by H82typ on 05-07-2009 04:22:16 AM

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

H82typ...thanks for the info. Just tried it out on Opera Mini but ny battery was going low. Have to try it after I charge it up but it seemed to play fine!

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

15 years ago

You're going to love vuclip! :up:
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.