m.youtube.com/ AT&T issues

Mentor

m.youtube.com/ AT&T issues

When viewing vids on youtube, the quality of a great number of them is severely lacking. Between pixelation, 'smearing' of video component, and choppy sound that drops out occaisionaly - along with all the re-buffering, it's hardly worth going to. I'm not asking for a fix, just confirmation that I'm not the only one.  I tried contacting google, they refuse to answer.
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: m.youtube.com/ AT&T issues

H82typ wrote:
When viewing vids on youtube, the quality of a great number of them is severely lacking. Between pixelation, 'smearing' of video component, and choppy sound that drops out occaisionaly - along with all the re-buffering, it's hardly worth going to. I'm not asking for a fix, just confirmation that I'm not the only one.  I tried contacting google, they refuse to answer.

Pretty much the same here.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Mentor

I've since found vuclip.com which works much better, and I can view dailymotion and metacafe videos as well as youtube. I click 'streaming' and away I go.
Message 3 of 8
Professor

You can install the you tube app from the google site. It is a lot better than trying to watch them through a browser and media player, but still not great quality.
Message 4 of 8
Expert

H82typ.....I just checked out Vuclip but didn't watch any cideos yet. I noticed that it also says on there to "switch to Vuclip Classic". Which one do you use and what is the difference?

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 8
Mentor

@ sitnsidewayz: I don't have a smart phone. Must be nice, though. I haven't downloaded either youtube or vuclip to save space on my phone. Smiley Wink  I use Opera Mini to access vuclip, (I like their UI better.) It hands off to my native browser, and fires up the media player. I also have it bookmarked in MediaNet. @ Dcookie: I prefer classic, but I've used both. Go on, take it for a test drive. I don't download the vids, I just stream them. Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by H82typ on 05-07-2009 04:22:16 AM
Message 6 of 8
Expert

H82typ...thanks for the info. Just tried it out on Opera Mini but ny battery was going low. Have to try it after I charge it up but it seemed to play fine!

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 8
Mentor

You're going to love vuclip! :up:
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support