Explore & discover

Helpful Links

international roaming

Tutor

international roaming

I am traveling abroad, internationally. But my AT&T number doesn't work in roaming on (it doesn't show the roaming though). How to get international roaming on my plan $55, add international texting?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-21-2018 4:00 PM

Re: international roaming

Prepaid cannot roam.  No text, nothing.  You can only roam, free, in Canada and Mexico 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

Hi. Thanks for feedback. Do you know how to fix this obstacle? Can this problem be resolved if to change tariff? 

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Sage

Tariff = tax.  

No.  Prepaid cannot roam, period.  If the phone is unlocked you can purchase local service for it.  If the phone is locked to ATT it will not work. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Tutor

My phone unlocked. I bought sim card in NY and activated it in NY. Within US territory it works very well but on this time I'm in Russia. The sim card doesn't work here, in roaming. Here in Russia (Moscow) AT&T has brach. Maybe they change tariff here? 

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Sage

@EugeneM

NO!!!!!!!!

YOU CANNOT USE ATT, you have no service.  Cannot be any clearer!  

Buy local service and save the ATT sim for the USA.  ATT has business service in Russia.  No prepaid.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Sage

@hrao23

ATT does not offer roaming with prepaid, other than Mexico and Canada.   To get what you want you must switch to a postpaid Account.   

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

Greetings

I would like  ATT and T to consider International Roaming for Pre Paid customers as long as they have enough dollars credit into their account ,

I am having account for more than 5 years , but no roaming  and sometime needs same number while traveling to get text from bank on the same number 

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support