For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
nergreb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 24th, 2016 9:20 PM

international roaming

My boyfriend has a company phone through AT&T for his new job. This job requires him to be in places like Canada and riding on cruise ships and he said there is unlimited data on the plan but does calling from Canada (or where ever his cruise ship will end up) to somewhere in the U.S. use data or is there a separate charge for international calls?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

That's correct.  If he travels out of the USA, or on cruise ships he is not using ATT and will have additional charges.  

The new unlimited plan is eligible for the North American roaming plan, which allows him to use the plan in US, Mexico and Canada.  It's a free addition to the new unlimited plan, but not on the old unlimited plan.

There is no plan included for cruise ships.  Cruise packages are expensive and have little data.

It is usually better to wait until within range of cellular towers on land.

Without knowing exactly what plan he is on, we can't provide more accurate information than "MAYBE....."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If one is going to be both on international land and international cruise, which package is good?  Would qe need BOTH packages?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@inquiringminds The cruise package covers use on land also but the non cruise passport plans only cover land use. The cruise package is quite a bit more expensive, though. When I cruise I get the land only passport plan and avoid using the phone when on the cruise ship's cellular system. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.