Need your talk or text logs?
bburley87's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 4:49 PM

inmate calls

I want to be able to answer collect calls again from an inmate and it be charged to my bill. It says it is blocked from my account and I can not figure out how to allow it again.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Cellular phones are not designed to receive collect calls.  It requires a 3rd party application and special registration with the prisons private phone network.  

I will  try to dig up more on this and post back ASAP.

Added:  http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=13690

http://www.ehow.com/how_7664865_receive-calls-jail-cell-phone.html

https://www.prisoncallsolutions.com

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @bburley87

You may have a purchase blocker present on your line, preventing the collect call charge from being placed on your bill. To remove the purchase blocker feature:

1. Select myAT&T at the top of the page. If prompted, log in. Don't have a myAT&T login? Register today!
  2. Hover over Wireless at the top of the page, and then select View my Plans and Features.
  3. Your current wireless plan, devices, and additional features will be displayed. To manage your additional features, select the Manage link for the device you want to manage.
  4. Current features for the selected device will be listed under Manage My Current Features. Do any of the following:
    • To turn Purchase Blocker on, under the Get More Features section, select Purchase Blocker to view options and more details.
    • To turn Purchase Blocker off, under Manage My Current Features, select Purchase Blocker, and then select Remove This Feature.
  5. Click the Select & Review button, and then review your changes. To change the effective date for your feature change, select the Edit link. Then, select a date from the available options, and then click the Select button.
  6. Read the Terms & Conditions, and to accept, select Submit or Remove.
  7. When the changes are complete, you'll receive a confirmation message. Repeat steps to add or remove additional features for another device.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello,

I do not have purchase blocker active on my line and I still cannot receive collect calls. Is there anything else I need to do or anything else I need to check?

AT&T frustrated customer

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

*87 unblocks your phone so you can get collect calls

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Bro what's up

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

can they call your land line collect

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

So at&t charges 999 per call,and the jail charges to

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.