For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Gatortribe's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, March 6th, 2011 11:35 PM

iPhone Internet data plan on samsung mythic

I'll be honest, I took the sim card out of my Samsung Mythic and put it in an iPhone 3GS my friend gave me, who was scammed by AT&T into thinking it was broken when all you had to do was hold home and sleep until the apple logo came up. Anyways, when I placed the sim card in, I was hoping AT&T wouldn't recognize and add data. Well, they did, and data was added. Now, it's way to expensive and I placed the sim back in my samsung mythic. When I go to manage features, the iPhone section is no longer there, instead it says Data Pro 2gb. I can't remove it, help I don't want iPhone Internet on my samsung mythic(ps I will be switching to Verizon as AT&T has made me mad for 17 years now)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

Call ATT.  Tell them you are using your Mythic and want to remove the data plan.  They will ask you for the IMEI ( dial * # 0 6 # ) from your cell phone to update your account and remove the data plan.  After that it will show you the proper features for the phone your using in the online account management.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Planet-Ed wrote:

Call ATT.  Tell them you are using your Mythic and want to remove the data plan.  They will ask you for the IMEI ( dial * # 0 6 # ) from your cell phone to update your account and remove the data plan.  After that it will show you the proper features for the phone your using in the online account management.

Right. If you call AT&T, they can help you to remove the iPhone data plan. But really though, you should have known that you were going to have to pay for a data plan when you switched to an iPhone from your Mythic. If you did not, AT&T reserves the right to add one without your permission because their system detected that you were secretly using a smartphone.

Not trying to be rude or smart with you, just saying. 🙂

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@Gatortribe wrote:
I'll be honest, I took the sim card out of my Samsung Mythic and put it in an iPhone 3GS my friend gave me, who was scammed by AT&T into thinking it was broken when all you had to do was hold home and sleep until the apple logo came up.

Why would anyone go to AT&T with iPhone issues?  AT&T does not provide support for iPhones, all support is provided by Apple.

I hope you compensated your friend for the iPhone, otherwise you just took advantage of them.

@Gatortribe wrote:
(ps I will be switching to Verizon as AT&T has made me mad for 17 years now)

Wow, you've dealt with AT&T for 17yrs while they made you mad?  Seriously, in 17yrs you couldn't get out of a contract and take your business elsewhere? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I've never fealt like switching before, at least not until I found out it's cheaper at Verizon to have three iPhone 4's then two iPhone 3GS's and one feature phone. And I was asking about the Internet and a samsung mythic, it wasn't a question like "how do I multitask with an iPhone". And I hope it occurs to you that some people are experts with the iPhone so they could answer an iPhone question if need be.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes AT&T has troubleshooting steps for the iPhone as for any phone, but if you are having problems with the phone and not the network, always call the manufacturer to get the best answers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.