For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
streittk's profile

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2017 8:52 PM

iPhone 7 I'm receiving my own messages in group (MMS) text

I have an iPhone 7 and just recently I've started receiving my own messages in group (MMS) text.  My first message seems to go out fine.  But when someone replies, my phone seems confused and it adds me to a new MMS message string so when I reply I see my sent message, but I also  as well receive the same message as well.

For example, I send a text to two people (two people and myself).  If one replies, my phone starts a new string of messages with 3 contacts and myself.  And I'm one of the contacts! 

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I may have found something.  When I go to Settings >> Phone.  Where it has "My Number" it says Unknown and won't allow me to change it.  How do I put my number in there?

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

I think that was the issue.  Also note, in Settings >> Messages, it looked like there was an error in the setup or registration of iMessage. But before trying any further troubleshooting, I checked to see if there was any iOS upgrades available.  There was and I did the instal to 10.3.3 I think.  After the install and reboot, the iMessage registration error was gone, my phone number was back in the phone settings and my MMS messaging is no longer adding me to the group a second time.

So, what fixed it?  I don't think it was 10.3.3 ugrade specifically.  I didn't see it as a bug fix.  No, I think it was the upgrade process itself that changed/repaired my settings.  Of course, that just my theory...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I think the 10.3.3 update is when my issue started. It's driving me crazy! How do I make it stop?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Any fix ?  Mine just started doing this 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Awww... On my pixel I just opened settings on the messages, clicked advanced, on the bottom of that page is the strange phone number that I change back to my own and save and the echo messages stopped. However, this lasted a few months and that number appeared again. So, I will change it again

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.