For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Jerafmen's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 18th, 2016 7:55 PM

iCloud backup download

How do I know when my backup has completed downloading? How do I know the progress of my iCloud backup download? What would be the average time for a backup downloading from the iCloud that I'd about two gigabytes in size? My phone asked me if I want to continue downloading my backup or so I want to delete? App data and backup will be deleted but I'm not come tell clear on what that means? Music is already backed up on iTunes so why is it seemingly part of my back up on the iCloud? I've been downloading my back up for a week now because I only have wifi at work and everything seems to be downloaded except music but iTunes likes to hide my music sometimes and I fear it may delete my music from my iTunes account if I delete my back up but everything else seems to have downloaded except for my vast array of music from iTunes which won't let me download new songs or certain songs. It will download songs then remove them. Lease someone answer this question!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Jerafmen

Restoring from a backup might take a while because of the size of the backup or the speed of the Wi-Fi network. For example, iCloud can take approximately 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte during a restore process.

There are several steps you can take:

• In iOS 8 or later, check the progress of the transfer on your device under Settings > iCloud > Backup. If the restore process is underway, the iCloud Backup setting is dimmed.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet with reliable Wi-Fi. 
  • Make sure that your device is plugged in to a power outlet.
  • Check the Apple progress bar that appears while transferring a backup.

I hope this helps!

Rachel A

AT&T Social Media Manager.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.