For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Dylan2017's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 24th, 2017 5:13 AM

Closed

how is my wife able to see my incoming and out going text messages

my wife approached me one day asking me why I was texting people of course I acted dumb but quickly changed when she told me word for word what the message said and the response back also said, she also implied she has seen all my emails to and from .

Yes she has full access  to my phone and our art account but I delete and text or emails I respond to or send the texts sent numbers from or in my contacts in phone I use a Samsung galaxy j3  she has a Apple iPhone7.  does anyone know how she can see everything  from my cellphone  our phones aren't synced don't use Bluetooth or location and do not have a email recovery on my account for my phone 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

The only way she would know text messages is if she is able to look into your phone.  If you use ATT messages or number sync, the text is available on another device, but it requires access to the phone to sign up for that service.  Don’t know why she feels invading your privacy is okay.  

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Dylan2017Anyone with access to the account details can view the call/text logs, regardless of any action on the device (such as deleting texts, threads, call logs, etc).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

so can you explain in depth detail how I can go on my att account and see it for myself and i already changed my password and deleted the email art sends saying that  the password  or username  had been changed but there are some messages I would like to re look at myself

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

thankyou pgrey foe your responce yes it did answer the question I asked  and as you can see I clicked helpful

BUT now can you tell me in depth of how I can go on my att account and see my old and deleted text message  will it allow me to read the content of the message or just see the time date  and number and the number that texted  me

please let me know step by step instructions on how to read my deleted messages

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Dylan2017You can't view your older messages (content), what @lizdance40 is helping move along here.

However, you can view your account call/text/data history info by logging into it, and click on "My Wireless" -> "See All My Usage" -> "Data, talk & text logs".

On the resulting page, you can see your call/text/data history details, depending on which you select, and which number you select.  You can select previous billing periods, also at the top of the page.

It's ONLY the to/from numbers (can be obscured by blocked caller-ID though) and times, but perhaps it's helpful in some way to your situation.

@lizdance40This is a "weird" area of privacy if you ask me, when the billing itself becomes the privacy issue, I'm not sure what the precedent is...

My personal thinking is that if I'm making contacts that I don't want to be sharing with my spouse (other than arranging a surprise party or something), then I'd have to question myself as to why.  Sure, there are tons of ways to completely obscure those contacts, but I'm not going to intentionally mention those here, given the context, my moral-compass says that the user can self-discover if they feel it's necessary.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@pgrey. This is the second post today and one of several this week from a spouse snooping, or asking if they can snoop, or the victim of a nosy mate.  It makes me uncomfortable that people snoop on a partner or child’s text messages.  

Technology is making it easier.   

@Dylan2017    I don’t get the vibe from your post that your doing anything worth hiding.  Wish you the best.  It’s not easy living with someone whose nosy or with trust issues.  

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 Yeah, these make me squeamish, except possibly in terms of younger kids phones.  I want to know who my daughter is talking too still, but not what was said, unless it's an "odd" contact (she knows how to keep her contacts current so I see recognizable people, and then I don't ask her what's up.

It's really sort of a lost-cause though, unless I shut down some of the various other social apps, such as snapchat, since I'm never really going to track her usage there.

@Dylan2017Same, mostly.  I guess my wife and I wouldn't really track/question each other like this, or I can't think of a scenario where we might, it just wouldn't be in our character.  I do hope everything is "ok", and you can reach something amicable too.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Ok so in in kinda the same situation my wife thinks in cheating with one of my daughters friends from school mom . As to which i might add i am not an have never strayed the path but i have found a kindred  spirt in this lady an i really enjoy hanging out with her an textinf back an fourth. Well my wife throws the phone bill at me and accuses me of cheating i explained the situation that we had necome really good friends . Well she now wants me to stop texting an stop all contact with this lady as to which i have said no. She thonks im being disrespectful an i dont think so . Our kids play together we see each other at school i cant just cut her out plus luke i said i enjoy hanging out with her. So i have never tried tk hide my texts or hide anyrhing for that fact . Up until now cause she just wont let it go. An i dont want her to be on constant patrol of everything . So im tjinking it would just be easier if i could send texts an they not show up on my bill ive jusr started looking into this because my wife again flipped out when she had asked an i told her yes i had texted her . An she went loonie .an mind you im not cheating toyal platonic  relationship.  An to me its no longer about this lady its about her invading my privacy  an trying to control whi i can an cant associate  with its not right. So if anyone can tell me how to lose the texting numbers from my phone bill it would be great. An thanks.

• 

1 Message

sounds to me like you are already cheating and I would have to disagree with you in the fact that it is very disrespectful to your wife. I’d like an update actually if you happen to see this on how your marriage is going and if you’ve realized yet how disrespectful it was. Would you be perfectly ok if your wife was txting a new guy “friend” that she’s enjoys talking to and seeing? Would it be ok if you kindly asked her to stop talking to the guy and she flat out tells you no? Would it be ok with you if she tried to hide it from you from here on out so y’all didnt have to argue about it but you later discover she is still doing it but just not in the open now? Hmmmm doubtful.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Ibbigpapa

Im no marriage counselor, but I’ve been in the exact same situation.  I may not have been the sort to cheat, but, the fact is he was making himself very available and I was not able to have the same relationship with my husband.  So in fact it was the first symptom of a marriage on its way down the drain.  

You're on the slippery slope and denying it.

You can let your wife read the messages, it won’t make her feel better.  You can hide them, which will make you feel like you’re cheating.  

I say, wake up.  Something is missing in your communication with your wife and she’s no dummy, she sees it too. 

Good luck.

(And yes, I was hiding by using Facebook messenger.  And Mr. available was the first man I dated and had a relationship with years later after my divorce). 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Ibbigpapa, what @lizdance40 is saying is 100% true and i dont think any man or woman would consider it ok, its called having an emotional affair and no less hurtful than if you were actually cheating on your spouse

• 

1 Message

👍

It amazes me that some would put so much energy in worrying about hiding text and pleasing a friend instead of worrying about their spouses feelings.

What they are doing is having a emotional affair I agree.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.