Need your talk or text logs?
just_a_girl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 20th, 2011 1:08 AM

help! can my ex read my text messages?

my phone is still on the same account as my ex husband's because i have been unable to get a new phone and my own plan yet for financial reasons,.  i am paying my own bill but it's in his name and he is the only one with access to the online bill.

just today, i was told that he may be able to read the contents of my text messages online! is this true?? i don't care if he sees numbers and times but i am in a pile of trouble if he can read the contents.  if they are saved online, how long do the logs go back??  help!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

just_a_girl you have nothing to worry about. Your ex husband can view online usage such as calls and the amount of texts but in no way can anybody see the content of the texts, in other words He can't read your texts on the internet.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

What Dylan said.  

It's just a myth, there is no way anyone, even AT&T, can read text messages online.

It would take legal action to get a hold of text messages from another user and there would have to be some serious crimes going on for that to happen. (law enforcement for 21 years)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

thank you SO much!! i've been worried sick about this all day. thank you!

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@just_a_girl wrote:

thank you SO much!! i've been worried sick about this all day. thank you!

No worries, good luck with your future.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

wrong again KRISTY   sorry,just a girl      

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@wasntbornyesterday wrote:

wrong again KRISTY   sorry,just a girl      

No, you're wrong. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I need to see my text that I did 3/112013can you help me

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The. Vister is wrong it should be Ncaballero

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Ncabaero wrote:
I need to see my text that I did 3/112013can you help me

There's nothing anyone on the forum can do for you. It would take a court order to see the contents of your text messages.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

8 years ago

Thought I would add this.  There could be spyware on the phone that may be able to read the texts.  I would check into doing a complete reset of the phone and not restore any back up except contacts. And change and keep the phone password protected after that. There is a place on the internet that sells spyware.  www.spyshop.com to start with.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.