Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 19, 2011
5:08:29 PM
View profile
help! can my ex read my text messages?

my phone is still on the same account as my ex husband's because i have been unable to get a new phone and my own plan yet for financial reasons,.  i am paying my own bill but it's in his name and he is the only one with access to the online bill.

just today, i was told that he may be able to read the contents of my text messages online! is this true?? i don't care if he sees numbers and times but i am in a pile of trouble if he can read the contents.  if they are saved online, how long do the logs go back??  help!

my phone is still on the same account as my ex husband's because i have been unable to get a new phone and my own plan yet for financial reasons,.  i am paying my own bill but it's in his name and he is the only one with access to the online bill.

just today, i was told that he may be able to read the contents of my text messages online! is this true?? i don't care if he sees numbers and times but i am in a pile of trouble if he can read the contents.  if they are saved online, how long do the logs go back??  help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 19, 2011 7:47:10 PM
(0)
Professor

What Dylan said.  

It's just a myth, there is no way anyone, even AT&T, can read text messages online.

It would take legal action to get a hold of text messages from another user and there would have to be some serious crimes going on for that to happen. (law enforcement for 21 years)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Accepted Solution

help! can my ex read my text messages?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 19, 2011 7:26:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

just_a_girl you have nothing to worry about. Your ex husband can view online usage such as calls and the amount of texts but in no way can anybody see the content of the texts, in other words He can't read your texts on the internet.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

just_a_girl you have nothing to worry about. Your ex husband can view online usage such as calls and the amount of texts but in no way can anybody see the content of the texts, in other words He can't read your texts on the internet.

Re: help! can my ex read my text messages?

2 of 11 (95,809 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 19, 2011 7:47:10 PM
(0)
Professor

What Dylan said.  

It's just a myth, there is no way anyone, even AT&T, can read text messages online.

It would take legal action to get a hold of text messages from another user and there would have to be some serious crimes going on for that to happen. (law enforcement for 21 years)

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

What Dylan said.  

~~~Seth Mendenhall

3 of 11 (95,790 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 7:47:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

thank you SO much!! i've been worried sick about this all day. thank you!

4 of 11 (95,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2011 7:54:14 PM
(0)
Professor

just_a_girl wrote:

No worries, good luck with your future.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

just_a_girl wrote:

No worries, good luck with your future.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

5 of 11 (95,780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2011 2:01:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

wrong again KRISTY   sorry,just a girl      

6 of 11 (91,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2011 10:15:13 AM
(0)
Professor

wasntbornyesterday wrote:

No, you're wrong. 

~~~Seth Mendenhall

wasntbornyesterday wrote:

No, you're wrong. 

~~~Seth Mendenhall

7 of 11 (91,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 12:55:39 AM
(0)
Contributor
I need to see my text that I did 3/112013can you help me

8 of 11 (71,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 12:57:13 AM
(0)
Contributor
The. Vister is wrong it should be Ncaballero
The. Vister is wrong it should be Ncaballero

9 of 11 (71,987 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 6:34:30 AM
(0)
Professor

Ncabaero wrote:

There's nothing anyone on the forum can do for you. It would take a court order to see the contents of your text messages.

Ncabaero wrote:

There's nothing anyone on the forum can do for you. It would take a court order to see the contents of your text messages.

10 of 11 (71,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2016 3:51:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thought I would add this.  There could be spyware on the phone that may be able to read the texts.  I would check into doing a complete reset of the phone and not restore any back up except contacts. And change and keep the phone password protected after that. There is a place on the internet that sells spyware.  www.spyshop.com to start with.

Thought I would add this.  There could be spyware on the phone that may be able to read the texts.  I would check into doing a complete reset of the phone and not restore any back up except contacts. And change and keep the phone password protected after that. There is a place on the internet that sells spyware.  www.spyshop.com to start with.

11 of 11 (940 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments