For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
jboyd170's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 13th, 2017 5:11 PM

email to sms on ATT network from one email address shows originating from multiple sources

Hi.  I'm able to send an email to my new ATT SMS service using myphone#@txt.att.net --- but each email (from the same email sender) gets sent as if its coming from a different phone number.  The source number seems to be internally generated and increments on each send.  I've read some past posts from 2009 that the Cingular SMS gateway does it this way and it can't be changed.  I wanted to ask again -- is there a solution?  

The SMS from this one email address is clogging up my SMS.  Before I recently changed to ATT, my verizon phone and email to SMS service worked fine -- all the SMS's coming to my phone using the Verizon SMS gateway showed originating at the same email address.  Thanks for your help.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Still no solution for SMS but try the mms gateway. The mms gateway will handle regular texts, so if you can get the troublesome source to send to phonenumber@mms.att.net, I believe they will all come from the same originating number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.